Lightning

Help: Check Engine Soon light Code: P0125

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003 | 11:55 AM
|
Exclamation Help: Check Engine Soon light Code: P0125

I had a check engine light go on about 1000 miles ago and I unplugged the battery to see if it would come back. It did not come back till today (1000 miles later) The first time it happened I was cruising at 50mph for about 3 minutes and boooop the check engine light came on.

This time as was driving normal and it came on.

We hooked up the Snap On scanner at it brought up code P0125 and said Exessive time to closed loop? This happened after 30 minutes of driving. Man if it took 30 miutes for the truck to go in closed loop your damn right that’s excessive time to go into closed loop. LOL So obviously there is something messed up here. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem? I am guessing bad 02 maby?

Mods are JLP 6# pulley
Diablo chip
Airaid intake system
Hypertech 160 degree stat

The only thing I can think of is either it’s the o2 that is fouled due to running so pig rich or maybe it has something to do with the 160 degree stat?

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Jason

Old 10-22-2003 | 12:00 PM
Is your EGR blocked off?

Old 10-22-2003 | 12:03 PM
|
Originally posted by MaxPower
Is your EGR blocked off?
Nope.

Old 10-22-2003 | 12:11 PM
That code means your engine coolant temp did not reach normal operating temp. Here is the official Ford desc: "Indicates the ECT or CHT sensor has not achieved the required engine operating temperature level within a specified amount of time after starting engine."

So it definitely seems you need to get that motor running hotter when the air gets cold. Either switch to a warmer T-stat, or block off part of the radiator. It's a bit odd though, I've sold and used the 160s for a long time, and never had this problem.

BTW, get rid of that Airraid intake. It doesn't fit the 90mm well and the lip creates a tumbling affect of air into the MAF which hurts performance. I've seen it on the dyno with customer trucks.

Old 10-22-2003 | 12:15 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
That code means your engine coolant temp did not reach normal operating temp. Here is the official Ford desc: "Indicates the ECT or CHT sensor has not achieved the required engine operating temperature level within a specified amount of time after starting engine."

So it definitely seems you need to get that motor running hotter when the air gets cold. Either switch to a warmer T-stat, or block off part of the radiator. It's a bit odd though, I've sold and used the 160s for a long time, and never had this problem.

BTW, get rid of that Airraid intake. It doesn't fit the 90mm well and the lip creates a tumbling affect of air into the MAF which hurts performance. I've seen it on the dyno with customer trucks.
He's so smart.

Old 10-22-2003 | 12:41 PM
|
Originally posted by LightningTuner

Thank you! That make sperfect sense since I live in a cold climat and it was 35 degrees F this morning. I guess that with the 160 stat was enough to trigger the code. I guess I will wither slap on the OEM Stat or block off part of the rad as you suggested.

About the Airaid intake, I have it set up with a custon cold air set up and went from running 105 mpg without it to 107mph with it.
What you are saying is where the airaid mounts to the TB it is not the same size and creates a step. that in turn created bad air flow causing a lack of power. I definatley see where this could happen. I will take a look at it tonight because I did not notice that it fit on bad. If thats the case I will yank it off and grab one of your cold air systems.

Thanks a lot for the help. you rock!

Old 10-22-2003 | 12:45 PM
|
Originally posted by MaxPower
He's so smart.
LOL, Yes he is

Old 10-22-2003 | 01:17 PM
Originally posted by NTIMD8
About the Airaid intake, I have it set up with a custon cold air set up and went from running 105 mpg...
I gotta get an Airaid. I only get 15mpg.

Old 10-22-2003 | 01:31 PM
|
Originally posted by flafonman
I gotta get an Airaid. I only get 15mpg.
LOL, you know what I meant

Quick Reply: Help: Check Engine Soon light Code: P0125