Lightning

got pulled over last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy got pulled over last night

well i was driving home from dinner last night with my friend...around 10pm going over a bridge about 2 min from my house... doing 65+ in a 45 zone....i didnt even see the cop until i passed him.... he slowly turned onto the bridge and slowley accelerated up the bridge..i just knew he was comming after me and by the time he go up to speed i was already down the other side..my insurance is already more than enough..so a ticket would force me to sell the truck...i didnt even think twice..so i just put my foot to the floor and didnt let go until i pulled into my development, went through the gate down the windey road (with my lights off) and into the garage....man was i scared! but it was kinda fun and i didnt get that ticket! i dont think they got my plate either....didnt sleep to well that night....i knew that "FAST" overlay gave me 2 more lb's of boost!!!...

Old 10-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Running from cops = bad

If you cant afford the ticket then dont speed

Old 10-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Not exactly something to be proud of...

-Mike

Old 10-27-2003, 02:00 PM
Fock yes!!!!!!! Fock THE 5-0!!!

Old 10-27-2003, 02:03 PM
If your insurance is already too high... how about, I don't know... SLOWING DOWN?

Thank God while you were driving down the road, with your lights off, some couple walking their dog didn't walk in front of you, or another car didn't cross in front of you.

Old 10-27-2003, 02:09 PM
I must give you another set of

Last edited by blowntruck; 10-27-2003 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:23 PM
.... I know a decent amount of people with the same story. It ONLY works out that way if its night and you can get to your turn before they see you again.

Unless you're lucky enough to find an empty garage to pull into..

I had a buddy in HS who showed up all of a sudden at my friends house one day after school. He had been driving his mom's new 3000GT while our delivering pizzas of all things... he flew into my friends driveway yelling "open the garage! hurry!" .. we opened it and he drove in and shut it behind him.
When we went inside to talk to him he was really hyped up... he apparantly had a cop chase him through my friends development and somehow lucked out when the cop had to wait to turn in the front gate. He then made a complete circle around the neighborhood hoping he woulnt be seen while trying to get to us.

I guess the cop never saw his tag because he never got caught...he was real paranoid the rest of the day though.

something Im not so sure I could do....unless it was night and I knew I could get away with it 100% for sure

Old 10-27-2003, 02:33 PM
nice job man. Its only considered running from the cops when they're in persuit, IE: lights chasing...

Old 10-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Why bother running? You'd get in 10x more trouble if they catch you.

Old 10-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by SlowSVT95
Why bother running? You'd get in 10x more trouble if they catch you.
Amen.

...tried it once. Too bad it was in the daytime, and on a highway. Thought I could make the next exit - too bad it was over a MILE away

Ended up pulling off, and waiting for the cop. He was pretty cool about it. Told him I had a temporary case of high stupidity. Ended up with only a speeding ticket. He could have brought me to jail. Actually got to talking to the cop, and showed him what made the truck so much faster than his cruiser

Next time, the BEST thing to do is pull right over. IMEDIATELY. Dont make the cop work for the chase. You'll be better off. Hell, he might even listen to your plight - I'm sure they've heard them all, but a decent sob-story never hurts

Old 10-27-2003, 03:16 PM
If you don't think that he's going to be looking for you in the future, think again. If I were you I'd watch your P's & Q's around there!

Old 10-27-2003, 03:17 PM
watch out for the Fuzz, lol

Old 10-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by silverSVTruck
If you don't think that he's going to be looking for you in the future, think again. If I were you I'd watch your P's & Q's around there!
....drive someone else's car for a few weeks

Old 10-27-2003, 03:38 PM
I could not sleep or drive around without worrying about him looking for me... yikes.

This past saturday my wife and I were headed to grandma's for dinner. I was at a part of the road where two lanes merg into one. I was next to a new Navigator, instead of speeding up, I eased off the gas to let him merge in. I could of just kept my speed and made him speed up or brake to get in. I was nice. So he thanks me with a wave then does 25 in a 40 for a few miles with no chance to pass, he was doing 15mph when the speed limit went up to 50!!! He finally turned off. My wife, said something like "Thank goodness, now pick up the pace, we are so late." I hit it and sure enough a State Park Ranger/Officer was waiting for us over the next bridge.

I slowed as soon as I saw the nose of his Jeep Cherokee (he was hidding in the bushes) I was busted. I saw him start to pull out , so I put my signal on and pulled over right away before the blue lights even came on. I had my drivers license ready when he came up to the window. He asked how we were doing and if I knew how fast I was going. I told him I was sorry, I did not know how fast, but I knew it is faster than the posted 50mph. Then I asked if I could please have a warning that I would really appreciate it. (figure I would at least try)...

He asked why and if I had a lot of points. I told him I have no points (I went to school for the other speeding ticket). I also mentioned It has been a long time since I was pulled over (3 years). He said since I pulled over so quickly and was only doing 64 (I thought I was going faster than that) he will just give me a warning. I thanked him and told him, I learned a valuable lesson. It would have been $154 plus points.

Note: The valuable lesson was not to slow down, but to pull over quickly, say sorry and ask nicely for a warning.

Last edited by James-01L; 10-27-2003 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:39 PM
OK first this isn't something I would EVER think of doing.

second, it must be one helluva adrenaline rush!

now that you did it once, DON"T DO IT AGAIN

Quick Reply: got pulled over last night