Lightning

Just got off the phone with Jim Bell.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003 | 06:54 AM
Sweet Vinnie,

Thanks a lot. Just curious because my goal is to do the same thing you were doing and try for 11's on stock heads/cams/blower.... ... I want to achieve that goal before I start juicing it!

-Mike

Old 10-28-2003 | 10:27 AM
Originally posted by ken800

Grey03,

This problem was found and has already been addressed. We are now sending out bolts that are a hundred thousanths shorter. KB has also revised their plate to make with deeper holes.

Jim@JDM

It's great that you verified what JL already told us concerning the warranty. It would also be great if you would admit that you embellished the truth in your above statement. You are implying that the plate was revised to address this very issue when it was not. [/B]
Quit trying to read more into it than what is written. That's the problem in this forum, people are so quick to judge others and only come on here to flame, insult or instigate.

Old 10-28-2003 | 12:14 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grey03,

This problem was found and has already been addressed. We are now sending out bolts that are a hundred thousanths shorter. KB has also revised their plate to make with deeper holes.

Jim@JDM

It's great that you verified what JL already told us concerning the warranty. It would also be great if you would admit that you embellished the truth in your above statement. You are implying that the plate was revised to address this very issue when it was not. [/B]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by MaxTorque02
Quit trying to read more into it than what is written. That's the problem in this forum, people are so quick to judge others and only come on here to flame, insult or instigate.
I'm not reading anything into it. The first post by Grey03 defines the "problem" as the bolts for the phenolic spacer being too long for the KB. Jim/JDM then says that he ground his bolts shorter. Fine, end of story. He adds a little extra there (the embellishment part) about KB modifiying their product to accomodate longer screws. Why would KB do this if not for the longer screws from the phenolic spacer? Why would you mention this at all -- especially given the way the english language works, you can't make that statement without it implying that KB changed their intake to accomodate the longer screws from the phenolic spacer kit? The answer is they wouldn't and from the follwing statement from Jim Bell, they didn't.

from jim bell
This is to inform you that Kenne Bell will no longer warranty Lightning superchargers with the JDM phenolic spacer. Also, that post by JDM that states " Kenne Bell has also revised their plate to make deeper holes " that is NOT true. We have not changed our plate to accomodate any JDM spacer. I never seen one of those plates. that is B.S.

It's really not that big a deal, but JIM/JDM, given all the bashing he and his company takes for alleged "liberties with the truth" needs to choose his words more carefully.

Old 10-28-2003 | 12:40 PM
Jim lie or exxagerate???........No way.........really?? LOL

Old 10-28-2003 | 12:49 PM
I was thinking about a KB for my excursion. Not anymore.

Old 10-28-2003 | 01:03 PM

I'm not reading anything into it. The first post by Grey03 defines the "problem" as the bolts for the phenolic spacer being too long for the KB. Jim/JDM then says that he ground his bolts shorter. Fine, end of story. He adds a little extra there (the embellishment part) about KB modifiying their product to accomodate longer screws. Why would KB do this if not for the longer screws from the phenolic spacer? Why would you mention this at all -- especially given the way the english language works, you can't make that statement without it implying that KB changed their intake to accomodate the longer screws from the phenolic spacer kit? The answer is they wouldn't and from the follwing statement from Jim Bell, they didn't.
Jim address the real question, Did you ever work with KB regarding your spacer or was tonight the 1st time you speak to KB ? Is it safe to assume that they never made changes to the adapter to accomodate your spacer ?

JLP, Pull some strings and get JDM in. SuperStallions of the Net limits the number of vehicles so people get their moneys worth in runs, I doubt they will care if 1 extra truck make 1 run.

No, I have never worked with KB regarding the spacer. If you go back to my previous post it says that KB made a change to the adapter plate which allowed us to use the Phenolic Spacer. This means that the first production units had an adapter plate that did not work properly with the Phenolic Spacer. The poduction units that are out today with the new style adapter plates work fine with the Phenolic Spacers if you use the correct bolts.

Jim@JDM

The above was posted yesterday at 4:40pm. It clearly answered your question, but yet you went on to make your post later that night. Let's not get so caught up into trying to find fault in everything said on this forum. People will make there choices for tuners based on their own dealings and close friends that they can trust, not a bunch of BS that gets tossed around this forum that can sometimes battle a poorly made soap opera.

Old 10-28-2003 | 02:24 PM
|
Former Sponsor
Originally posted by ken800 I'm not reading anything into it. The first post by Grey03 defines the "problem" as the bolts for the phenolic spacer being too long for the KB. Jim/JDM then says that he ground his bolts shorter. Fine, end of story. He adds a little extra there (the embellishment part) about KB modifiying their product to accomodate longer screws. Why would KB do this if not for the longer screws from the phenolic spacer? Why would you mention this at all -- especially given the way the english language works, you can't make that statement without it implying that KB changed their intake to accomodate the longer screws from the phenolic spacer kit? The answer is they wouldn't and from the follwing statement from Jim Bell, they didn't.
Ken8OO,

Why don't you do yourself and the rest of us a favor and pick up the phone, call Kenne Bell and ask for Jim (909-941-1375). Ask him if his adapter plate has been updated. The plate has been updated and thats a fact. My words were KB updated their plate so we could use our Phenolic Spacer. Maybe what I should've said was Kenne Bell updated their adapter plate so now we can use our Phenloic Spacer because the new adapter plate is thicker. I've explained this in the other post already. Are you with my on this one? Do you understand? My words can be taken two different ways.

Jim@JDM

Last edited by Jim@JDM; 10-28-2003 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2003 | 02:36 PM
|
Former Sponsor
Originally posted by Lightningquick
Jim lie or exxagerate???........No way.........really?? LOL
Ray,

You of all people should stay out of threads like this. I've bent over backwards to take care of you on all your needs. When you bought a Superchips programmer you weren't happy with it so I ate the $400 and gave you a chip. You use this message board to your advantage. A week or so ago a Lightning buddy had called you for help like you have called him many of times and he has always taken care of you. Instead you decide you're gonna make money off of his misfortune. I know you run my products because you consider them to be the best out their. I just don't understand your comments, I never lied to you.

Jim@JDM

Old 10-28-2003 | 03:13 PM
Originally posted by MaxTorque02
Jim address the real question, Did you ever work with KB regarding your spacer or was tonight the 1st time you speak to KB ? Is it safe to assume that they never made changes to the adapter to accomodate your spacer ?

JLP, Pull some strings and get JDM in. SuperStallions of the Net limits the number of vehicles so people get their moneys worth in runs, I doubt they will care if 1 extra truck make 1 run.

No, I have never worked with KB regarding the spacer. If you go back to my previous post it says that KB made a change to the adapter plate which allowed us to use the Phenolic Spacer. This means that the first production units had an adapter plate that did not work properly with the Phenolic Spacer. The poduction units that are out today with the new style adapter plates work fine with the Phenolic Spacers if you use the correct bolts.

Jim@JDM

The above was posted yesterday at 4:40pm. It clearly answered your question, but yet you went on to make your post later that night. Let's not get so caught up into trying to find fault in everything said on this forum. People will make there choices for tuners based on their own dealings and close friends that they can trust, not a bunch of BS that gets tossed around this forum that can sometimes battle a poorly made soap opera.
I'm not trying to bash you, Jim. The thread was long out of hand before I got here. My point was rather simple and that is that you get hammered pretty regularly and need to avoid vague statements or it will happen repeatedly... I apologize if my statements were unlcear or misled you in any way as to my intentions. Yes, you are correct... that statement above clears it up. Thank you. Somehow I guess I missed that post.

Old 10-28-2003 | 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Jim@JDM
of all people should stay out of threads like this. Jim@JDM
Waddup Jim.........I refer to'em as "JDM PP" "Post Police"......waiting for JDM posts to bash.....

Old 10-28-2003 | 03:31 PM
Thats what it seems like to me as well............If you need to say it.......Say it at the track Jim keep on with the keeping on.

Chill

Old 10-28-2003 | 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Jim@JDM
Ray,

You of all people should stay out of threads like this. I've bent over backwards to take care of you on all your needs. When you bought a Superchips programmer you weren't happy with it so I ate the $400 and gave you a chip. You use this message board to your advantage. A week or so ago a Lightning buddy had called you for help like you have called him many of times and he has always taken care of you. Instead you decide you're gonna make money off of his misfortune. I know you run my products because you consider them to be the best out their. I just don't understand your comments, I never lied to you.

Jim@JDM
I have a small towing company 1 ramp,1 wrecker.Dons bolt spit a plug.He wanted me to tow his Lightning down to new jersey which was a $1000 tow for the cost of fuel .My truck makes me between $400-700 a day PROFIT.If you think im going to be without my ramp truck for 1-2 days for free while my local contracts (who pay) go without for FREE,You are fkn crazyNot only that but my driver doesnt work for free or cheap either .I offered to do it cheaper than ANY TOW COMPANY in new england would have done it.Don wanted it done for the cost of fuel and to pay my driver while any and all of my calls for flad bed service would be a total loss.Sorry I am in business not charity.Its not like Don is having financial troubles.I offered it to him cheaper than i would have for ANYBODY.

If you or don cannot understand that (which if he cried to you about it he has a problem with it)i dont give a *****.I dont know where you come off saying I asked don for so much.other than mutual favors like him storing stuff in my garage MANY TIMES and him changing my plugs once,Ther has been no exchange of giftsJust things friends do for friends.

You bent over backwards for me????You mean you tried bending be over frontwards ...........and sticking it up my - - - .Im not going to get into the MANY lies you have told me and MANy on this board but i will remind you of one recently.When you told me you could put your program for a 4lb pully in the micro tuner and sold me it.You LIED then.My truck sounded like a childrens rattle from detonation.i called superchips and they told me you LIED and it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to put your own programs in it.They told me i was lucky I didnt not blow up my truck.Yes,You exchanged it plus i paid you $65 more for a chip instead.You didnt eat anything but your own LIES!Now your lieing again!!!

I love my JDM chip and you do have great products but your business practice is to be desired.
LIAR!

Last edited by Lightningquick; 10-28-2003 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-28-2003 | 07:22 PM
Oh thats right,I forgot,You must not have charged don for the labor to fix his heads,or the other $20-30k he spent with you.whats the matter Jim,How come you charged your friend for your service????Only a complete idiot cannot understand the difference between business and pleasure......Don opens his wallet to you everytime you touch his truck but I am supposed to send down a driver with a $60k truck with $1million insurance policy to NJ ,lose $4-1000 in calls and put an extra 8-900 miles on my truck for free.Ya,Thats just what I will do for a friend.NOT

Old 10-28-2003 | 07:28 PM

Old 10-28-2003 | 08:30 PM
Funny. One of my friends owns a tow company. He let me borrow a Freightliner to move an excavator. Good friend. No Q's asked, no hesitation. Thats a good friend. He also doesn't talk chit about people.

Quick Reply: Just got off the phone with Jim Bell.....