Lightning

Srt-10

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003 | 12:44 PM
|
Srt-10

The old Dodge boys are getting real excited now the beast is on the way. According to them its going to kick every bodys ***! I think it`ll be quick, but their going to be disapointed if they think its going to clean up! Should be real interesting to see what happens and if they can hook up at all. I wonder if FORD HQ have tested one yet- will they be laughing or scratching their chins? Here`s hoping they`re laughing. Let the games begin!

Old 10-30-2003 | 01:09 PM
They are going to be fast... no doubt about that. The only thing that makes me wonder is at first they where saying it would go 12.9@107 mph and now I am seeing 13.4@105mph.

I am curiouse to see what they will run in the real world. I have a feeling slicks would help them out big time being standard and with their crappy suspension. Thats if you could find a slick to fit since they will have 14" rotors.

One more downfall is they would be hard/expensive to mod since its basically a viper motor. Unlike our L's.

Nice trucks and I for one am welcoming this new contender so I will have one more super truck to put in its place I cant wait to start seeing these on the roads and shutting them down. However with ther price tag I doubt many will sell around here. The type of people who buy vehicles that price generaly dont buy a pick up truck.

Old 10-30-2003 | 01:12 PM
I just want to Spank one! just to see the owners mouth drop!

Old 10-30-2003 | 01:20 PM
I am sure that they will be pretty competetive. But as you stated, who will be able to afford one and mods will be a nightmare. They do look pretty sweet except for that huge front end. If I had to pick between the two, I'd still go with the L.

Old 10-30-2003 | 01:39 PM
Remember also that it has a big lunky shifter, that is probably like rowing a boat...I don't know how many guys will be power shifting those things like I used to do with the mustang and hurst shifter...And we thought our aerodynamics were bad, that thing is an even bigger brick than the L is.....I am however looking forward to meeting one on the street....

Old 10-30-2003 | 01:47 PM
I just want to run one, win or lose I'm going to say:

"not bad for a truck that I paid $17,000 for, eh? How much do those dodges run?"

Old 10-30-2003 | 02:37 PM
It's 1/4 mile time I think will really depend on how much abuse the proud owner the $55K truck will want to dole out. It should be interesting to see how fast they toast synchros and clutches.

Randy

Old 10-30-2003 | 05:54 PM

we'll just have to wait and see...

if they can keep up with me!!!

I doubt it though!

later,
chris

Quick Reply: Srt-10