Lightning

Oil consumption

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003 | 07:39 PM
|
Oil consumption-PCV Kit

I know this is probably the one millionth post on this but there are no clear answers out there. I am still burning oil. I still get the smoke on start up occasionaly. I have installed the oil seperator and the swanson PCV kit. The oil in my throttle body seems to be less but I am still having the problems stated above. For those of you who have cured these problems, do I need to adress the drivers side that goes to the throttle body or is there something that I am missing.

Matt

Last edited by sfdbulldog; 10-30-2003 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2003 | 09:15 PM
You're still going to consume oil with the seperator. It's only keeping oil out of your upper intake plenum. The PCV valce on the passenger side valve cover connects to a tube that "T"'s off before your seperator, and goes to the back of the lower intake galley. Oil pools in there.

I generally check my truck every 1k miles to make sure I haven't burned too much. It's normal for an L to burn a qt between oil changes. ...it's BS, but it's true.

Old 10-31-2003 | 01:25 AM
|
TTT

Old 10-31-2003 | 03:45 AM
Originally posted by MaxPower
The PCV valce on the passenger side valve cover connects to a tube that "T"'s off before your seperator, and goes to the back of the lower intake galley. Oil pools in there.
So thats what the hole is...Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Oil consumption