Lightning

Chickenears - still around?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chickenears - still around?

After 2 emails and one phone call not returned, I'm thinking I should look elsewhere? I'm big on customer service and that doesn't fly.

Will JDM or the others match Chickenears good prices?

Old 11-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Give him a chance. Hes a very nice guy, and has GREAT service. And also the best prices! Ordered my bedrug one day, had it at my door 2 days later.

-Mike

Old 11-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by mecca
Give him a chance. Hes a very nice guy, and has GREAT service. And also the best prices! Ordered my bedrug one day, had it at my door 2 days later.

-Mike
Great, that's what I like to hear! I've had experiences in the past (Tuners) with wrong parts sent, phone calls not returned, etc... This is my 2nd Lightning so I'm getting back into it and trying to re-learn who to work with and who not to work with.

The 1st email I sent was about a week ago, so unless there is email problems, I would think I should have heard back by now.

Good to hear you had a great experience though!

Old 11-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Re: Chickenears - still around?

Originally posted by Weedo
After 2 emails and one phone call not returned, I'm thinking I should look elsewhere? I'm big on customer service and that doesn't fly.

Will JDM or the others match Chickenears good prices?
You will be hard pressed to find a vendor that gives better customer service then Tim Chickenears. His prices are usually better then the others also. Not sure when you called and or sent the emails BUT remember small vendors don't have sales people just sitting there waiting for your call/waiting for your emails. Small vendors thus have low overhead and they can pass on great prices to customers because of this. Tim Chickenears is generally very fast to reply to emails and such. I'm very sure you will hear from him soon. Also, can tell you that you order from him today and you will have your item in 2 days usually! Not many other vendors ship that quickly.. and Tim's prices are very good as I mentioned.

Old 11-05-2003, 07:24 PM
I bought a bed rug from chickenears last month and it was at my door four days later. REALLY great customer service.

Old 11-05-2003, 07:45 PM
Re: Re: Chickenears - still around?

Originally posted by billarf
Not sure when you called and or sent the emails BUT remember small vendors don't have sales people just sitting there waiting for your call/waiting for your emails.
Good point, I guess that's good and bad. Bad when you need an answer or response sooner than later, and good when you can wait days to save money. I want three things: quick response, save money, quality customer service.

I'll quit being so picky and try to be a bit more patient!

Old 11-06-2003, 09:50 AM
I got a reply from Tim... he got hurt!

I contacted Tim Chikenears last night and he said he had fallen off of a ladder and twisted his knee severely and can barely get around. Apparently, he is in alot of pain!

Tim asked that I come here and mention this to you guys so you know why he is say missing in action so to speak.

I knew something must be wrong, as it absolutely unlike Tim to not respond to phone calls and emails, etc. Anyway, hope he gets better soon!

Last edited by billarf; 11-06-2003 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Re: I got a reply from Tim... he got hurt!

Originally posted by billarf
I contacted Tim Chikenears last night and he said he had fallen off of a ladder and twisted his knee severely and can barely get around.
That's too bad! Knee and back pain are about as bad as it gets. Judging by what everyone else said, that he always responds quickly, etc, I figured it had to be something like this. Too bad it's bad news!

Get better soon!

Quick Reply: Chickenears - still around?