Lightning

Ford gets funding for more SVTs

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003 | 08:57 AM
I got your email, I've been having email problems. I lost it before I could respond. Sorry.

I would really get at those plugs though...........

Your time is kick butt, with my special pulley of course.

I would love to get to the track, been to busy. I bought a house, so all my time has been to it.

Old 11-07-2003 | 10:03 AM
My 01 has had the engine bump/ miss since day one! It seems worse at times and then gets a little better at other times. Its only at idle though, truck runs fine and accelerates like mad, no miss at all. I did everything,plugs,coilpacks,etc. The dealership still says nothing is wrong, everything checks out fine on their scanners. They do agree though that the miss is there, but cant find anything. So Ive just learned to live with it. I have since modded mine and it seems the chip makes the miss more noticable. So Im guessing its something in the computer maybe. I have several friends with Lightnings and all of them idle very smooth! WTF?
On a side note, my wife had a 2000 EB Expedition with the 5.4 and the idle would get so bad that it shook the truck and was to the point of almost shutting off, but there wasnt a pattern to it, it just did it at random.
If anybody ever figures it out, PLEASE make a post with the diagnosis and fix for it.

Old 11-07-2003 | 10:03 AM
"SVT"

Use some of that Money to put stronger Rods in the motor
this TIME!!!!!

Jeff

Quick Reply: Ford gets funding for more SVTs