Lightning

need some help with a problem...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003 | 03:24 PM
|
Post need some help with a problem...

well heres the deal.. my L for this past year is acting funny. When it sits for a long period of time and when i go to start it up. she sounds like shes starvin for air or fuel. sometimes she will try to crank over but dies out an some days she will carnk real slow then finelly crank over like normal. after that she starts up she runs fine. its just the the first start up of the morning or long time sittin. i was kinda thinking it might be my passenger side cat's might be clogging. cause everthing else ie: fuel filter an etc. are new an have been changed on a reg. basis. also noticed that when its starts to be alittle cool out it does it. like now when its cold its sucks a**. well i dunno i have trying to figure it out for awhile. well any info guys?

thanks

Old 11-08-2003 | 02:04 AM
have you cleaned the IAC?

Old 11-08-2003 | 07:20 PM
Since you have a 99 L, it sounds like the fuel line is off of the fuel pump(inside the fuel tank). This is a common problem for 99's.

Cranking real slow is another problem--discharged battery probably?

Dan

Old 11-12-2003 | 06:09 PM
|
clone:

i have cleaned my IAC many of times. i have heard those can be the problem.

ROD:

what exactly did u mean by my fuel line? i didn't get what u meant by that statement.

i mean thru the summer shes alright but when nights get alittle cool so cranks over like she not gettin enought air or fuel. well thats why im here i need to find out myself instead of going to dealer an them saying its something an then they charge me up the wazoo. well guys thanks for the info.

Old 11-12-2003 | 06:51 PM
When is the last time you changed the fuel filter?

Old 11-12-2003 | 07:50 PM
"what exactly did u mean by my fuel line? i didn't get what u meant by that statement. "

It's a common(but not normal) problem with 99 L's. If I remember correctly, the clamps are inferior and loosen up, allowing one or more fuel pump lines to come off of the pump(s). You have to drop the tank or remove the bed to get into the top of the tank and repair/replace the clamps.

There are many threads that outline this in more detail but that's what I can remember.

Dan

Quick Reply: need some help with a problem...