Lightning

A Lesson To Be Learned

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Lesson To Be Learned

This weekend I had the sad task of attending the viewing and funeral of a friend and former Lightning brother ( I purchased his truck). 33 years old, a great business, an unlimited future, and everything to live for. He lost control of his brand new AMG Mercedes on a road he has traveled thousands of times near his house and struck an unyeilding tree while traveling faster than his skills allowed. The results were inevitable. I will forever be haunted by the look on his father's face as he stared at a son who will never awaken. I have a 4 and 6 year old son and I cannot fathom the pain he must be feeling burying his son. Over 500 hundred people attended the viewing as a testimonial to a life ended way too quickly.
When I see the ages of some of our Lightning brothers, and read the posts of street races and excessive speed off track, I cringe and pray that God keeps his hands on their steering wheels. My friend was an excellent driver but 1 millisecond was all it took to lose control.
To all my Lightning brothers: Please remember your friends and families when you push the limits in uncontrolled settings. Your rest is eternal, our pain is boundless

Old 11-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well said, and my condolences to you and his family.

Old 11-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Old 11-10-2003, 11:40 AM
I'll be praying for the family. Burying a child is one of the most unnatural occurences! It's something I don't even want to imagine.

I am attending a funeral tonight for a cousin that was killed by a drunk driver who ran through his house. He was asleep on the couch when the car hit and killed him. Excessive speed and/or drinking & driving, seperately or together are recipes for death and/or a lot of unneeded pain.

Quick Reply: A Lesson To Be Learned