Lightning

I got my truck back from the dealership today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a smaller pulley on the upper, and I have an Idler kit to eliminate some belt slippage...
Shane

Last edited by ShaneMcKenna203; 11-18-2003 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:53 PM
that doesnt make sense that it was the oil breather cap wedged into the control arm or something... I dont know how it could be that. Because I took my dad for a ride, my boss for a ride, and my friend, and after every test drive, (it would make the noise) I popped the hood to try to see what it was. And the breather cap was on all times. It has only blown off twice... I dont know how it's fixed now either. I think they may have done something else while they were in there also. I just don't know what.
I'm pretty sure it wasnt just the oil cap making noise...
Shane

Old 11-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Glad it is fixed Shane, how do you like your Metco idler set up? Love mine, no more belt slip for D-Day.

Dan

Old 11-18-2003, 05:23 PM
I love it. I think it looks sharp and I really can tell it's on there. I get a lot less belt slip. There is a lot more belt on the pulley. Great mod. Come to think of it, I haven't done one since then...
Shane

Old 11-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Shane:

Glad your back in the saddle again...your engine bay looks
good.

Old 11-18-2003, 06:06 PM
thanks man. It bothers me that I am not 100% sure what the problem was. Also, I wanted to be able to find and fix it myself. I hated bringing it into the dealership. But they did fix the problem and give my truck the works. So I can't complain. I just wish I could talk with the guy who worked on my truck and see if there was anything else going on under there...
thanks again, Shane

Old 12-18-2003, 04:28 AM
any update on what that noise really was?

Old 12-18-2003, 09:27 AM
Just curious...

If the cap has blown off two other times did you ever find it? Maybe it was one of the previous caps and got hung up and was making the noise after you replaced the cap.

Just a thought.

Old 12-18-2003, 11:34 AM
I still havent gotten in there and talked to the actual tech who worked on my truck. At the time, I was using a breather. I took off the ford oil cap, (put it in my garage) and put on a breather. When I was hearing the noise for a week or so, I popped the hood. The first thing I noticed was my cap was off, sitting by the battery and the passenger side manifold... I put it back on, and that was the only time it blew off. I took a bunch of people for a ride in my truck, and we'd hear the noise, and we'd get back home and look under the hood, and the breather was still on... So it had to have been something else. I just dont know what.
When I brought the truck into teh dealership, I did not have one last look under the hood. So the breather cap MAY have blown off again, and that may have stood out to them. Thats all they put on the warranty papers. I just think there was more to it than that.
thanks, Shane

Old 12-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Shane,

You have a smaller blower pulley and the dealership didn't say anything about it when you brought your truck in for warranty work? Wow!

Greg

Old 12-18-2003, 03:41 PM
is it still under warranty???

Old 12-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by DEIMATT
is it still under warranty???
yeah i have the extended warranty and the dealership is reletivly mod friendly...
Shane

Old 12-19-2003, 11:08 AM
I bought the extended warranty too. I haven't done any mods yet, but I would like to. I just need to figure out what to do and make certain I don't void my warranty. I know this is off topic, but anyone have any recommendations on what mods are good, but won't void the warranty?

Thanks,
Greg

Old 12-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Colorado V10
anyone have any recommendations on what mods are good, but won't void the warranty?
I dont know if you can talk with the dealership first. Most dealerships void warranty's with chips. I dont know if you can talk with the dealership before you get the chip or pulley. Im not sure how it works for every dealership. I used to work at this dealership, and I know them pretty well. That doesnt make it right, I just am thankful they are fairly mod friendly with me. I blew my transmission at the racetrack. I went in the enxt day and told them, I was at the track, I have a shift kit, and the lower pulley... Is there anyway we can get this fixed under warranty?
They came through in a huge way and ended up covering it under warranty. It all depends on the dealership. Good luck, Shane

Quick Reply: I got my truck back from the dealership today!