Lightning

SRT-10 News

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003 | 12:08 AM
lightningrocks. I got a gameplan for you bro.

DOn'et tell him you have a lightning. Show up in your truck but show up with the price you paid in charlk or whatever dealerships use

and after you see they're nice uber truck for 48k burn rubber leaving

if only uo had the chip filter and pulley so you could rub the faster times in they're face easier
All the dodge fans are worked up becuase they Know the lightning is an overall better vehicle in the class. Kind of like the way librals ar ein polotics now a days. They're losing but they still try to make stupid points even if they're proven incorrect. Figures..

Old 11-21-2003 | 12:12 AM
Sport truck of the year shootout.

Next month sport truck magazine is having its sport truck of the year contest for the srt-10, lightning and ss.

Old 11-21-2003 | 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Unoid

if only uo had the chip filter and pulley so you could rub the faster times in they're face easier

Figures..

Check out my sig below......think that will do it...LOL.

Rocks

Old 11-21-2003 | 09:35 AM
Question Re: Angry that I don't have a s/c?

Originally posted by pyssed
... BTW/ I can't beat you in race but I can sure as hell drag your *** down the track.
Put a good set of sticky's on an "L" and I bet you're the one being dragged. Besides, who's impressed by traction boasts? I know you aren't implying you'll outmuscle an "L" so you are in essence bragging about your Goodyears or whatever you got. What an odd boast...

Old 11-21-2003 | 11:10 AM
I'm not boasting about anything. I never calimed that the srt-10 would beat a lightning nor did I ever say my s/c'd ram would. Fact is I'm heavier and sit higher, not too mention my dyno numbers are too shabby considering the engine that I'm using. If I was to hook-up with a lighter truck that sits lower than mine all you would do is give me even more traction.

Old 11-21-2003 | 03:00 PM
'01's wife here.

Ok, pyssed, maybe you can answer a question for me that noone on any Dodge forum has been able to answer.

What is the towing capacity and payload on the Ram SRT-10??? I saw the press release on it, and nowhere.......... anywhere.......... was towing or payload mentioned.

I seem to recall, on many forums, people taking the Lightning to task as not being a truck.......... because they did not know that it could tow and haul. Yet it can.

When word of the SRT-10 Ram first came out, I made the prediction that it would not have any towing capacity due to its car sourced 6-speed transmission. All of the Dodge boys belittled me, called me names, and about anything else imaginable for saying that. Now the truck is ready to come out, and I have seen nothing from Dodge that this is a "truck," instead of a $45K, 5000lb sports car that gets 8mpg. You would think if it could be used as a truck, that they would be bragging up one side and down the other.

Anyone can build a fast, useless truck. There is nothing special in that. If you throw enough hp at anything, it can be fast. However, to have a fast truck that is still a truck is walking a very fine line............. and is much harder from an engineering standpoint.

I respect the Ram, and it's engine............ however, if it isn't a truck, my respect for it will not be nearly as great.

Old 11-21-2003 | 03:13 PM
Originally posted by '01ArrestMeRed

Anyone can build a fast, useless truck. There is nothing special in that. If you throw enough hp at anything, it can be fast. However, to have a fast truck that is still a truck is walking a very fine line............. and is much harder from an engineering standpoint.

Well said '01's wife.

Old 11-21-2003 | 04:51 PM
As I read more and more of these, SRT-10 threads I begin to get a bit embarrassed at all of us.

My daddy can beat up your daddy......LOL.

Ya know something???? I am thinking that Dodge just kicked Fords **** in the, high H.P./Torque, pickup truck category. What the heck....lets just say it....it's true. We can pick that truck to pieces and I am sure they can pick our Lightning to pieces. But stock for stock....Dodge just pulled out front in this war.

Now let's see the Ford response. I am hoping that this will up the bar a bit. Come on now, Ford has been selling the Lightning for 5 darned years now without any significant upgrades. It is obvious to me that if Dodge didn't respond with a bigger/better, Ford would continue to run sideways.

I see this all as a good thing for the fast truck guys of all faiths.

Rocks

Old 11-21-2003 | 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 03LightninRocks
As I read more and more of these, SRT-10 threads I begin to get a bit embarrassed at all of us.

My daddy can beat up your daddy......LOL.

Ya know something???? I am thinking that Dodge just kicked Fords **** in the, high H.P./Torque, pickup truck category. What the heck....lets just say it....it's true. We can pick that truck to pieces and I am sure they can pick our Lightning to pieces. But stock for stock....Dodge just pulled out front in this war.

Now let's see the Ford response. I am hoping that this will up the bar a bit. Come on now, Ford has been selling the Lightning for 5 darned years now without any significant upgrades. It is obvious to me that if Dodge didn't respond with a bigger/better, Ford would continue to run sideways.

I see this all as a good thing for the fast truck guys of all faiths.

Rocks
Aaaaahhhhh! Somebody who actually sees the big picture. Competition breeds competition. Without the Dodge, Ford has no reason to offer the consumer more. Now if only Chevy would get serious, maybe we can have 429 SCJ Torino's, 454 Chevelles SS's and 440 6 pack Dodge Super Bee's all over again in the form of 5000 lb trucks.

Old 11-21-2003 | 05:29 PM
|
Amen, brother Rocks and brother Max!

Mike

Old 11-21-2003 | 05:37 PM
Amen... Luckily one of you said it. If I did, I would be criticised for bashing Gen2s

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I own a Gen1, and never forget it

Last edited by Brian Baskin; 11-21-2003 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-21-2003 | 06:01 PM
I agree with the big picture view - the competition is welcome both personally and for the impact it has on Fords and others performace budgets....

HOWEVER -
It pisses me off when bench jokey after bench jockey starts talking smack about a truck that has YET to be tested in an unbiased test. ( one that wasnt sponsored or doctored by the vendor )

Local guys here are calling me an giving me **** when they see an ad for them in the paper -- Well guess what the biggest dealers in Texas are allocated ONE - It will cost near 50k when tax and gouge profit is added. AND the fact is they ARENT ON THE STREET YET !! The ad says WE HOPE TO HAVE Allotment of ONE IN 60 days...

Its like talking about a truck that is coming out soon that is made out of unobtainium - Who cares what it can do - It doesnt exist yet.

Im going to the track Saturday - Ill bet this weeks paycheck I wont see one at the track and wont see one on the road to or from the track

Also I think the reason 03LightninRocks is NOT racing his truck this weekend is he is scared of the might Dodge Ram .....

Doug

Last edited by Silver_2000; 11-21-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2003 | 06:19 PM
Doug:

For what it's worth...the owner of a Dodge dealership in northeast Ga told me they have ONE ordered and it wont be here until Jan 04...

This SRT10 has really created a fuss...for me even if the Dodge or Chevy HAD a faster vehicle I'd still choose the vehicle with the best OVERALL performance, safety, comfort, appearance, price, RELIABILITY etc...The best car or truck is not necessarily the quickest in the 1/4 or the fastest topend. There are multiple and individual considerations why we choose a specific vehicle...

Old 11-21-2003 | 07:35 PM
I guess I need to clarify my position on this.

I have never said one bad thing about this truck. Nowhere have I said that it will not be fast, or handle well.

All I have done is ask a question about the truck as to its utility.

To each of us, sport truck means something different. For some it is straightline performance only............ for some it is bragging rights............. for some it is looking cool. For me, it is having my cake, and eating it too. Meaning, it can go to the track and show off (be it straight or curvy), then it can haul the washer and dryer home, and tow the '69 F250 CrewCab 4x4 to the bodyshop to get a little paint work.

This is why the question of towing and payload means so much to me.

Old 11-21-2003 | 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
I agree with the big picture view - the competition is welcome both personally and for the impact it has on Fords and others performace budgets....

HOWEVER -
It pisses me off when bench jokey after bench jockey starts talking smack about a truck that has YET to be tested in an unbiased test. ( one that wasnt sponsored or doctored by the vendor )

Doug
Prozac should take care of that problem Doug.

I can't believe people get so riled up over what others say. To me there are more important things in life than worry about if somebody thinks they are better than me at something. That's what kids in high school do.

Quick Reply: SRT-10 News