Lightning

Firefighter

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 11:43 AM
Suspended For Vendor Rules Violations
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firefighter

anyone else here a call firefighter? looking to install some strobes and maybe a dash light in the lightning along with the siren. The people just dont get out of the way with hazards and laying on the horn....looking for some ideas or maybe pictures. thinking about going with strobes in all four corners plus a dash light and a siren

Old 11-21-2003, 11:48 AM
giant fog horn

Old 11-21-2003, 11:53 AM
I know most places strobes and those lights are illegal. You can't even order them without some sort of permit or documentation.

I had a friend back in Jersey that had a 95 Talon Tsi w/ strobes and a PA system - he'd pull girls over all the time

Old 11-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by MaxPower
I know most places strobes and those lights are illegal. You can't even order them without some sort of permit or documentation.

I had a friend back in Jersey that had a 95 Talon Tsi w/ strobes and a PA system - he'd pull girls over all the time
I had a friend with the same setup. He was arrested for impersonating a cop.

Old 11-21-2003, 12:30 PM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
http://www.rimindustries.com/able2/03.0771.htm

Try that, I imagine it comes with a wiring diagram it doesn' t look like it is that hard to install.

Old 11-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Not an L owner, but I have pics of what you are looking for....see my gallery (mods) and let me know what you think....The istall was easy, if you need more pics I can snap some more and post them for you. I have 6 strobes on my truck (all hidden) and a HotShot I throw on my roof for 360 degree visibility. I have not found ANY dashlight that conforms or fits well on the dash of an F-150..Lightning or otherwise. If you have some cash, I recommend getting the new LED warning lights that mount above your rearview mirror. I like the stealth look, it is out of the way, and is WAY brighter than strobes for warning power, especially during the daytime. I have my power supply for the strobes hidden under my driver seat and I have a neat way to install the switch I can show you as well, I need to take some more pics. I have the siren box under my passenger seat and the siren mounted from the rad. support just behind my front Lisc. plate, the sound is not impeeded by that, it is very loud and moves traffic well. As always, please consult your states guidelines for emergency warning devices and adhere to them. Also, please dont think im busting your *****, but please do NOT drive with your hazards on and honk your horn to move traffic! Hazards are to warn people of a stopped vehicle or one travleing slowly, doing this is causing a huge potential for a crash. There is already and emergency somewhere if you are responding to your station , no need to cause another, we bury too many brother and sister FF's as it is. Any questions, feel free to reply to this thread or e-mail me.

Regards, and nice to meet a brother FF on here!

Medic.

Old 11-21-2003, 01:21 PM
what ever i do is will be completely legal he he my uncle is FBI so everyone pretty much knows me in my town....they wont pull me over. plus i live in a small town (10,000 people) so all the cops know all the FF's. Using it to pull girls over is just plain retarded, he should've been arrested. If you could post some detailed pics i'd be quite happy....we have a guy that does all our light work but i dont trust him on my new L i've been looking at dash lights but havnt really found one that is stealth enough so i think i'm just going to go with a siren, grill lights, and strobes. thanks

Old 11-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Usually we go to fires in the fire engine

Old 11-21-2003, 01:42 PM
i'm a call firemen......which means you first have to get to the station as quickly and safely as you can to get in the actual firetruck.....thats why its called "call firemen".

Old 11-21-2003, 01:48 PM
i really hope that guy was kiddin

Old 11-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Better not come to CT Jimma. I was at the State Police barracks in Hartford awhile back, on an unrelated matter, when they brought in a fireman from MA, who was playing around in his pickup truck on I-91 with flashing colored lights and a siren.

He was arrested for impersonating a police officer, illegal use of the lights and siren, and his truck was impounded. He was found guilty and had to pay a big fine, and now has a criminal record, to boot. His truck will be auctioned off at the state auction either this month or next.

Don't put yourself in the same situation. I don't think even the FBI could have helped him out of this one.

Old 11-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Here in Georgia we have a lot of Volunteer Firestations...the guys
have to go through basic fire training and of course are allowed to
put emergency "fireman" lights on their vehicles...and they are suppose to drive SAFELY to the Firehall or the scene of the fire or accident...a number of them have been disciplined for driving unsafely and puting citizens at risk...so be careful...one serious
mistake and your "branded".

Old 11-21-2003, 02:35 PM
I am a volunteer firefighter myself. I ran with a dash light and siren that was very easy to install. I mounted the siren under the windshield washer bottle since it fit perfectly - no drilled holes. I ran the wiring through the firewall on the drivers side with my power wire for my sub. The switch for the siren was hooked under the dash where I could still get to it.

Strobes are easy to put in headlights/taillights/fog lights.

Old 11-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Strobes:

Antenna:

I bought the hideaway kit off of eBay, it is a ShowMe brand. It gets the job done, but I would recommend a Whelen kit if you use them alot or leave them on for long preiods of time. Not a difficult install, just take your time. Any other questions. feel free to ask!!

Medic

Old 11-21-2003, 03:32 PM
One more.....

Hell Yeah:

Quick Reply: Firefighter