Lightning

SC belt under warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003 | 11:48 AM
|
SC belt under warranty?

Well....Finally brought the L out of hibernation, sellling my 2002 HD and starting to swap parts and such. The HD was good to me but the fact that its 1000 pounds heavier is killing me. Looks like I will be more of a regular on theis site now. I have watched for a while and learned alot. You guys have some sick a** trucks and I hope to be there some day. So far the L will have when I am done:

6# lower, 2.70 upper,Ruslow underdrives, JDM heat exchanger,DynaTech LT's, gutted cats, Bassani catback. PST CF driveshaft, REM ported Eaton, REm ported intake plenum, single blade TB, JLP ramair. 4:10's, SMC alky injection kit. REM tuned Revolution chip(flip), JDM spacer, Kenne bell boost a spark and boost a pump, 255's fuel pumps, NOS wet kit with PSP plate(100 shot), JLp e-fan and water pump, NGK TR'6's REM coolant resovoir,JLP breather,metco idler kit and other goodies. Hope this enough to get me into the 12's or even 11's.

Sorry about the rambeling...Back to my question. When I started up the L, the SC belt started squealing. Will the Ford warranty cover this?? It needs to last about 2 weeks until the HD sells. If not, does anyone have a stocker they want to donate or sell really cheap????

Old 11-23-2003 | 11:54 AM
Does it stop squealing when the truck is warm? Both my stock belt and my current Gatorback will squeal for a couple of seconds if it's moist out and the truck hasn't been started in a few days. Stops after about 30-40 seconds. I had slight belt slippage on the factory belt and none with the Gatorback. So if you have a similar situation, you're probably fine.

And FWIW..my truck is garaged, so think how much weather can affect it.

Old 11-23-2003 | 11:56 AM
|
No..it doesnt go away...only gets louder and more intense when you get on the throttle....At idle its there but not as much....I removed the belt and started the truck, no noise.....

Quick Reply: SC belt under warranty?