Lightning

Long awaited first kill

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeller,

I think that is my friend Brian with the Yellow Viper. It is an '03 and he said that his is the only Yellow one in this area (he might have been talking about Lee County). He is the guy I have challenged, but he won't bite and yes he is stock.

Dog Racing,

I have made a number of mods and used almost all of our supporting vendors, REM did most of the installation, Sal, PSP has supplied my initial mods as well as John at JLP and Tom at Outrageous has helped me too. But, our fellow L brothers have helped me the most, Rob_03 got me hooked. A lot of patience and listening to get where I am. Willie F. at Diablo is the tuner of my Revolutions single file chip, that is the key to all of the mods. The tune is actually conservative in certain aspects. 16lbs total boost, 14 degrees timing, 93 octane, a/f out of the gate is hot at 15, but she drops immediately to the 12's and levels at 12.1 for the mid to high rpms, all on a stock block, we will see if she holds together. Fingers crossed, I am pulling 496/562 all dyno'd in 90 degree, hot humid Florida weather.

The mods are: KB, 3.20" (2lb)reichard upper, 9" (6lb)JLP lower, Metco idler set up with additional idler wheel, JLP RAM air set up, JLP thundertube, Accufab single blade, ported/polished plenum, oil separator, Beru S1K plugs, Greg Evans Valve Body, fluidyne heat exchanger, Dynatech long tubes, high flow cats, Magna flow single cat back, T Track traction bars, Nitto 555r's, JLP 3" lowering shackles, Outrageous Line Lock, PSP drive shaft loop. Probably a few I am missing.

My L is pretty much a weekend toy, so she only has 2300 miles on her. Hasn't even broken yet.

Hope that answers the question.

D-Day

Old 12-07-2003, 10:52 PM
Dan, gooooooood jOOooooooOOOb!!!!!!! with 490+ rwhp you are not going to come across many ls1's or lt1's that can hang with you. All I have is a open air filter and I am even with most ls1's I come across.

Old 12-07-2003, 11:22 PM
the D-Day in full action spanking a chevy... now that brings a tear to my eye...Vipers are funny Dan. I raced one at th track after dyno day and I swear he only ran a 13 or so. Now I also seen a supercharged viper at the track that was running low 10s.

Old 12-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Pete, what made it extra satisfying was the fact Mr Camaro was so confident that I was no contest. To see the expression on his face when we came to the light....................priceless!

D-Day

Old 02-17-2004, 12:30 AM
gota love it....nice kill

Old 02-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Dan, nice job on that kill!

Old 02-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Dan, nice kill! Just a word of warning, in Florida it is a criminal offence if you get caught racing. This means that if you get caught that you 1) get arrested, 2) your truck gets impounded,
and you have to go to court. The maximum penalty that you can get from the court (if no one is hurt) is: $1000.00 fine, 1 year suspension of your drivers license, 1 year probation, and 40 hours of community service. I know this because I got a racing "ticket" and the prosecutor offered me the above. To make a long story short, I got it thrown out, but not after spending $5000.00 in lawyer fees. Just some food for thought when racing in Florida, I know that I now think twice!

Old 02-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Those details are nasty, but that is exactly why I have invested in a couple M/T classic II's and two 28x10x16 Hoosiers and let me tell you - following my first run at Immokolee last week - there is nothing like a day at the track - makes street racing feel like I am back in my tricycle.......

Thanks for the advice!

D-Day

Quick Reply: Long awaited first kill