Lightning

Where To Get The Pc Software For Predator???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003 | 07:08 PM
|
Where To Get The Pc Software For Predator???

where can the predator PC software be obtained? I understand that it is not included with the predator, that really sux

Old 12-11-2003 | 07:17 PM
Re: Where To Get The Pc Software For Predator???

Originally posted by lightning1291
where can the predator PC software be obtained? I understand that it is not included with the predator, that really sux
I think Sal at PSP includes it when you get it from him

Old 12-11-2003 | 07:30 PM
We include the PC interface kit with each Predator at no charge to the customer. In our supplimental instruction sheet, we supply you with a link to our site to download the interface software.

Old 12-11-2003 | 07:33 PM
the file uploader/downloader is available, but the log viewer is still "coming soon"

Here is the location of the uploader/downloader: http://www.geocities.com/bk1782/index.html

Does it bother anyone else that Diablo is using geocities to host their files? Why can't they put this on their own site?

This info was from here: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5999

Old 12-11-2003 | 07:52 PM
Originally posted by cteselle
Does it bother anyone else that Diablo is using geocities to host their files? Why can't they put this on their own site?
LOL - GREAT QUESTION !!! - LOL
Geocities site has pop up ads as well.

Diablo - if you are reading this, I have a huge server with plenty of space and bandwidth Ill be happy to sell you a slice of .. Perhaps something like www.diablosoftware.net and no pop ups.

Of course the reason most people use geocities is cause its free and quick. Which works out great untill the downloads exceed your allowed bandwidth. The bandwidth is 3 gig a month, metered hourly. They are over their limit for this hour. If my math is correct that = 4.26 mb an hour - which means that one user goes to that site and dloads the 3 files and they are over the hourly limit ... oops

Last edited by Silver_2000; 12-11-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2003 | 08:06 PM
Re: Re: Where To Get The Pc Software For Predator???

Originally posted by fractaldragon
I think Sal at PSP includes it when you get it from him
I think when the smoke clears so to speak in regard to the Predator for our Lightning we will see Sal way ahead of the bunch in regard to the Predator, tunes we use with the Predator and in general Customer Service in regard to questions, concerns with the Predator and using same. Sal seems to have taken a very lay back, deliberate stance in regard to the Predator. A few vendors are pushing the Predator like it's snow cones at the fair with very little thought other then sales hype, bullchit.... and pushing sales.. 8-(
Sal my guess is one of the premier vendors to buy Predator and tunes from.. AND the guy that will offer the kind of service I know I seek. Only fear I have is Sal will be overwhelmed this Spring and Summer with L owners seeking tunes, etc..

Old 12-11-2003 | 10:03 PM
The download/upload software isn't really that special either, it's basically a front end to xmodem. So anyone with a communications program would be able to transfer files.

One other thing that I have found in my research. The exported files are .frg files. Google tells me that these are dBase IV uncompiled report files. ok, so first of all, who is still using dBase IV anymore? and second who knows how to convert these, since I don't have any hope of getting that live data viewer anytime soon.

WHY COULDN'T THE DATA BE IN SIMPLE ASCII!!?!?

Old 12-11-2003 | 10:14 PM
Originally posted by cteselle
The download/upload software isn't really that special either, it's basically a front end to xmodem. So anyone with a communications program would be able to transfer files.

One other thing that I have found in my research. The exported files are .frg files. Google tells me that these are dBase IV uncompiled report files. ok, so first of all, who is still using dBase IV anymore? and second who knows how to convert these, since I don't have any hope of getting that live data viewer anytime soon.

WHY COULDN'T THE DATA BE IN SIMPLE ASCII!!?!?

Actually, .frg simply stands for Ford Gas. I don't think what you found on Google is the same thing .

Old 12-11-2003 | 10:23 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Actually, .frg simply stands for Ford Gas. I don't think what you found on Google is the same thing .

Diablosport's own naming convention

Old 12-11-2003 | 11:24 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
well I guess that would explain why I can't open it with anything. Thanks for the info!

I'm still bitter about it though.

Old 12-11-2003 | 11:41 PM
DL
Re: Re: Re: Where To Get The Pc Software For Predator???

Originally posted by billarf
I think when the smoke clears so to speak in regard to the Predator for our Lightning we will see Sal way ahead of the bunch in regard to the Predator, tunes we use with the Predator and in general Customer Service in regard to questions, concerns with the Predator and using same. Sal seems to have taken a very lay back, deliberate stance in regard to the Predator. A few vendors are pushing the Predator like it's snow cones at the fair with very little thought other then sales hype, bullchit.... and pushing sales.. 8-(
Sal my guess is one of the premier vendors to buy Predator and tunes from.. AND the guy that will offer the kind of service I know I seek. Only fear I have is Sal will be overwhelmed this Spring and Summer with L owners seeking tunes, etc..
Spoken like a lawyer...What did he say or try to say???

Old 12-12-2003 | 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!

Diablo - if you are reading this, I have a huge server with plenty of space and bandwidth Ill be happy to sell you a slice of .. Perhaps something like www.diablosoftware.net and no pop ups.

Excuse me but isnt that against forum rules, unless your a authorized vendor or fill out the Group Purchase info

Quick Reply: Where To Get The Pc Software For Predator???