Lightning

Mods with Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003 | 03:08 PM
|
Mods with Warranty?

I have an interesting situation that I think may work with being able to MOD my truck and keep my warranty. When I bought my Lightning I bought the extended warranty through Chrysler instead of Ford. Why? Well, my friend is the manager at the dealership and he said Chrysler warranties were better. So I bought it.

Now I was thinking... would Ford really care if I had modded my truck if something were to break if my warranty was through Chrysler? I mean, Ford wins out no matter what. They make the money on repairs and take money from their competitor. What do you all think? I am really thinking about modding my truck now and figure this will work but wanted to see if anyone else has done this and if they were able to get warranty work done. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Graylock

Old 12-14-2003 | 03:14 PM
Your extended warranty has nothing to do with Ford. It's an outside company. They will make their own decisions on what's legit and whats not, and often will send an adjuster down to inspect the vehicle. Think of an extended warranty like your car insurance- you pay a premium, then if you need a claim, they make the decision on exactly what gets covered, and you pay a deductible towards it.

Old 12-14-2003 | 03:17 PM
Do you really think Chrysler is going to want to pay for a new motor when they see an aftermarket pulley on the front of it for example.

Old 12-14-2003 | 03:24 PM
If you play, you pay!!!

Sorry, had to say it.

Old 12-17-2003 | 12:43 PM
|
I had no idea they could send an adjuster down. When I had some work done the other day the Ford dealership just called Chrylser and got an approval. I had the bearings in my waterpump for the supercharger start to go out. That is why I was thinking I might get away with it. Just a thought..

Graylock

Old 12-17-2003 | 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Graylock
I had the bearings in my waterpump for the supercharger start to go out.

Old 12-17-2003 | 01:45 PM
huh???

Old 12-17-2003 | 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Graylock
I had the bearings in my waterpump for the supercharger start to go out.
Im sure you just misunderstood something, but when i read that, my brain screamed "RICE!!!! RUN!!!!!"

In anycase, your waterpump doesnt run to your supercharger, its' self contained. Im sure even with aftermarket mods they would fix waterpump bearings tho, your mods really don't affect it at all.

Old 12-17-2003 | 02:43 PM
I think he means the intercooler fluid pump .

Old 12-17-2003 | 02:45 PM
I have a warranty through Chrysler also, and when my intercooler needed to be replaced they told me i was SOL. B/c the supercharger is not a direct part of the motor. You think if the engine hydro-locks and turns into a paper weight they will consider it?

Old 12-17-2003 | 02:59 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
I think he means the intercooler fluid pump .
Well that's my brain fart for the day.

/doenst work on s/c engines

Quick Reply: Mods with Warranty?