Lightning

Alcohol Injection ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003 | 11:41 AM
|
Alcohol Injection ??

Hey Guys....I had some questions about Alcohol injection. I know there are a few of you out there running it. But my question is what kinda performance gains would it provide on a stock motor....I dont have any mods other than JLP Ram Air, and Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust as I cant afford to lose my warranty, but I was toying with the idea after its up. I know it allows for more timing and more boost on pump gas but what else does it exactly do ??? Will it be bad for a stock motor ? Does it give any extra HP just by itself without the boost and timing increases ?? I really only want to go Low, Low 12's with the truck....I know plenty are doing it without the kit, but I figured it might make things a lil easier......Can Anyone give me some detailed info on this ??

Thanks in Advance

Josh

Old 12-15-2003 | 12:33 PM
I would guess it would decrease performance on a stock engine.

Old 12-15-2003 | 12:37 PM
|
If I do the kit I plan on a 6# pulley, chip, efans, throttle body, intercooler, ftvb and a few other mods....just internally stock. I'm also lookin at a 75shot of Zex, but I dont wanna mount the bottle in the bed. Any idea on what I would see if I did all of the above ??

Josh

Old 12-15-2003 | 12:40 PM
Unless you're lean now, you won't get much of a power increase with the alcohol injection until you up the timing and/or boost; probably lose some do to the alcohol adding extra fuel and richening the A/F. The alcohol gives some additional fueling and octane increase, some air temp decrease, but does most of it's work in the combustion chamber allowing you to run higher timing and boost on pump gas. On my truck there is a 30 rwhp and 40 rwtq difference between my street and race settings in the computer. I want to run close to the race numbers on the pump gas. This allows that. By the way. I bought the SMC kit which is a VERY professional kit with a lot of adjustability, safety features, plus they include a stock windshield reservoir with the pump inside for a very stock looking install.

By the way, thanks Easterisland for the tip and helping to get this kit out on the market!
Jody

Last edited by camcojb; 12-15-2003 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2003 | 12:40 PM
A blown stock block. I think a 6#'r and a 75 shot is pushing the limits of your block, but that's just my opinion....I imagine Rob will chime in and tell me I'm wrong, lol, but I think he is the exception to the rule, not too many guys have gotten away with bigger pullies and nitrous on the stock block....

Old 12-15-2003 | 12:51 PM
Alcohol Injection

I wouldn't mind trying this setup one day if it will increase my performance. I believe I'm pushing my stock engine to the limits these days.

BlackBeast 99

467 rwhp
688 rwtq

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...y.cfm?gnum=720

Quick Reply: Alcohol Injection ??