Lightning

x plan pin #

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 04:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x plan pin #

If anyone is in need of an x plan, I have 2 left that are good till the end of the year. If you want one email me. I only want serious buyers please. I gave out 4 earlier this year and not one was used. If I still had their ssn's I would delete them and give them out again to someone who really needed it.

Old 12-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Re: x plan pin #

Originally posted by FASTRNU
If anyone is in need of an x plan, I have 2 left that are good till the end of the year. If you want one email me. I only want serious buyers please. I gave out 4 earlier this year and not one was used. If I still had their ssn's I would delete them and give them out again to someone who really needed it.
FASTRNU - Sorry to bug you, but I figured you'd probably know the answer to this better than anyone else -

I've been in on/off contact with a salesman who works at a SVT authorized dealership a couple hours down south of me. Supposedly, he says he'll get me a great deal, hook me up, etc. etc. etc.

Anyways, I asked him about the possibility of me getting a X-Plan PIN from a fellow enthusiast, and he claimed that this was illegal, and that X-Plan PIN #'s could only be given to immediate family.

I have a feeling that he was BSing me, or else was confused about the other plans that are available only to Ford employees. I don't plan on getting a L for a few months, but say, for instance, if you were to give me a X-plan PIN and I went to his dealership tomorrow, would everything be legit? I want to try and get this situation nailed down before I am ready to buy an L, and I'd like to know if this salesman is BSing me to make more profit. If he is lying to me already, I'll just take my business elsewhere, considering that I'm not driving a couple hours away to deal with a salesman who lied to me right off the bat.

Again, sorry to bother you, but judging by your post, it appears that you might know the answer to my question off the top of your head. Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 12-17-2003, 12:52 AM
X-plan is friends and family and can be given to anyone

A-plan is for immediate family

Old 12-17-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by 1meanZ
X-plan is friends and family and can be given to anyone

A-plan is for immediate family
Thanks, that salesman is either lying or mistaken, so I'm not going to waste any more time with him.

Old 12-17-2003, 05:36 AM
1meanZ is completely correct!

Old 12-18-2003, 04:48 PM
I bought a 2004 Lightning 2 weeks ago with an X-Plan that I got here. Ford itself will accept X-Plans, but not all SVT dealers will. I negotiated with about 7 dealerships in the DFW area; some said they would take it, others wouldn't. Taking X-plan on a Lightning limits their profit greatly on a vehicle that they normally clean up on. Most of the dealerships had already padded their profits by adding sealants, tinting, window etching, or alarms. There is also a $1000 customer loyalty rebate program that can apply, but they don't do it in my "AREA" which is the southwest. They run the VIN number through the VINCENT system to see what rebate programs apply. Each place showed me the X-Plan worksheet which had the A-Plan, X-Plan, and a $46 gas charge. I had a few questions that I hit each dealership up with initially which included the X-Plan usage. I just left each place that would not accept it. I found the truck that I wanted at a dealership that would not accept X-Plan, so I went to one that would accept it and had the vehicle transferred there. It was extremely funny when I attended the vehicle transfer and delivery.

Quick Reply: x plan pin #