Lightning

Just got a call from my local Dodge Dealer RE: SRT/10!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003 | 01:26 PM
|
Just got a call from my local Dodge Dealer RE: SRT/10!

I got a call last night from the sales manager at Maroone Dodge down here in South FLA, and the guy told me he's expecting 2 SRT 10's at the dealer in January, and that he'd like to schedule a Test Drive with me.......................I guess I'll wait to see what happens.

I didn't even know they were in production yet.................Personally, I think the guy is blowing it out his a$$, but, whatever...............we'll see.

I remember talking to some regional guy at the Auto Show earlier this fall, and gave him my contact info. I proceeded to tell him, that it's no Lightning, but I'll give it a test nonetheless.............He reacted as though I called his daughter a HO,HO,HO, and proceeded to give me about 60000 different "alleged" reasons why the SRT/10 would be better.

I guess I'll let you guys know what happens in the next 30-45 days or so.

JC

Old 12-19-2003 | 02:47 PM
JC....

Let me know when you go and I will meet you there. When you head out on your test drive I will be waiting in my "L". And we will give that thing a real test.

Old 12-19-2003 | 02:49 PM
Me too!

I wonder how the salesman would like it if 2 Lightnings spanked it at the same time.

Seriously I'm not kidding man. Call me or something. Just make sure I know!

EDIT: JC do you have AIM? talk to me on there my SN is mlstergadget.

Old 12-19-2003 | 02:50 PM
Wait about a block away & make sure the test drive heads that way. That way it won't look "planned". Oh wow look a Lightning let's see if this truck can really handle it.

Old 12-19-2003 | 02:51 PM
Re: JC....

Originally posted by litnfast
Let me know when you go and I will meet you there. When you head out on your test drive I will be waiting in my "L". And we will give that thing a real test.
EDIT litnfast's Quote:
I will be waiting in my "L" WITH A VIDEO CAMERA
so we can show the world,
a Lightning whooping a$$ on that overpriced Mac Truck

Old 12-19-2003 | 02:54 PM
My video crew has already been alerted.....

Spankdog Industries will host this vid.

Dodge boys will cry when they watch it.

Old 12-19-2003 | 03:07 PM
Re: Just got a call from my local Dodge Dealer RE: SRT/10!

Originally posted by MiamiWhiteSVT-L
I got a call last night from the sales manager at Maroone Dodge down here in South FLA, and the guy told me he's expecting 2 SRT 10's at the dealer in January, and that he'd like to schedule a Test Drive with me.......................I guess I'll wait to see what happens.

I didn't even know they were in production yet.................Personally, I think the guy is blowing it out his a$$, but, whatever...............we'll see.
If memory serves, they began production Nov 18th on them. Dealers I heard should have them the first couple weeks of January.

hah and definately get that on video! That would be priceless

Old 12-19-2003 | 03:19 PM
camera person

Can get an image of the SRT in my mirror...

Old 12-19-2003 | 03:31 PM
|
Damn.............am I slow..............I didn't even think about that!!!

How PRICELESS would that be..............I hope these a$$clowns don't want me to sign a purchase order on it or something before test driving it..............I remember having to do that on my Lightning when I bought mine.......luckily I had already driven one before, so I was gonna buy it regardless......and I clearly recall the Cobras requiring the same. This of course was before all the rebates, and extra production, etc...............back in the "OVER MSRP" days........

At any rate, if I do have to sign something, I'll just refuse it after I get my a$$ handed to me by one of you guys..........or two, or three, etc.

jc

Old 12-19-2003 | 03:35 PM
|
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
EDIT: JC do you have AIM? talk to me on there my SN is mlstergadget.
Negative bro...............I can't even read external email from here, much less chat!!

You going out to Tower's tonight??? If we can eat dinner quickly, I'll try and make it out...........no guarantees though.

I would love to go to the track tonight though...............48 degrees, no wind, no humidity..................can I say 13.20's???? However, it looks like the ricer invasion will take place tonight because of the ricer event this weekend. Last Test and Tune of the year, and the track will be closed after this weekend until January 16th because of the wall relocation/extension.

jc

Old 12-19-2003 | 03:38 PM
Ensure that when you test drive their truck you run it up over the curb a few times, just to break it in.

Old 12-19-2003 | 03:41 PM
negatory on the towers.

Old 12-19-2003 | 04:29 PM
promod is from florida isnt he. HE should meet yall when you go for the test drive. That would make a good showing for the Lightning group.

Old 12-19-2003 | 05:05 PM
Hold on just a second. I'm not saying the L's can't whoop up on the SRT-10, but I would take it as an insult to all L owners if it were two modded L's going up against a stock SRT-10. Kinda like a roided up olympic sprinter at the special olympics...

Old 12-19-2003 | 05:37 PM
I have an intake and catback. I would consider my truck representative of a stocker.

Quick Reply: Just got a call from my local Dodge Dealer RE: SRT/10!