Lightning

Lightning Wallpaper Rotator

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003 | 01:03 PM
|
Cool Lightning Wallpaper Rotator

I don't know if anyone is interested in this but I wrote a little script that changes my wallpaper to a different picture of my truck every five minutes. It even fades the images in and out during the transition.

You can get the script here (BackgroundRotator.zip - 789KB).

I included two pictures of my truck in the zip file -- that's why its so big.

Once you download the zip file you must extract it to your C drive. You should wind up with a folder called C:\BackgroundRotator. Inside this folder you will find the script (bacground-rotator.html) and an images directory with two pictures of my truck.

Now set your wallpaper to this script file (background-rotator.html). Once you apply the script you will get a dialog that looks like this:

Click yes.

Now put all your favorite Lightning pictures into the images folder and enjoy!

Merry X-mas everyone! :santa:

--Steele

Old 12-23-2003 | 01:37 PM
Thanks!

Old 12-23-2003 | 02:49 PM
cool , I will have to try it out

Old 12-23-2003 | 03:16 PM
double post

Last edited by DarkShadow03; 12-23-2003 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-23-2003 | 03:20 PM
Steele....are you even at work? I know you have a place of work, but you go there, right Nice little job there chief. Too bad my far superior OSX already has that, with more than just transitions. I can have the picutures slide in and out, fizzle out and such....but not a bad job but hey what are ya doing for new years? Im thinking about getting a keg, but dont want to throw it here at the apartment. Is the man house up to the challenge? And this weekend Im thinking about bbq'ing and throwing on some christmas mods for my truck... wanna eat some wings and have a mini mod party?

Old 12-23-2003 | 03:23 PM
|
Originally posted by DarkShadow03
Good ol' steele....are you even at work? I know you have a place of work, but you go there, right Nice little job there chief. Too bad my far superior OSX already has that, with more than just transitions. I can have the picutures slide in and out, fizzle out and such....but not a bad job making the best out of a crappy OS
Yup. I'm at work. The great thing about being a software engineer is as long as I have code up on my screen I look busy. I actually wrote it during lunch though.

Yeah, I know OSX already has this. I figured I would give the Window$ crowd a taste of it.

--Steele

Old 12-23-2003 | 03:26 PM
read my other post...i hit the enter button before the keg question got put in...

Old 12-23-2003 | 03:31 PM
|
Originally posted by DarkShadow03
read my other post...i hit the enter button before the keg question got put in...
I actually already have plans for new years. You can come with but I doubt your girl will like where we are going.

As far as this weekend, I don't know. Give me a call on friday.

What is your AIM nick? This isn't really the place for A to B conversation.

--Steele

Quick Reply: Lightning Wallpaper Rotator