Lightning

Engine swap in progress!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004 | 02:37 PM
|
Talking Engine swap in progress!!!

Ok, I have started tearing apart my engine in preparation for the built long block to arrive. It should be here around the end of the week or Monday at the latest. I have been working about three hours or so now and have gotten the upper intake, supercharger and the intercooler removed. When I pulled the intercooler I had a ton of oil sitting in there. Also the coating off the rotor flakes is completely gone. I also drained the coolant out of both reservoirs. I am gonna yank the drive shaft and exhaust next. I am currently downloading pictures so I will have some eye candy for you guys shortly. All in all it's not going to badly. I am doing it by myself because one roomate is at work and the other one is with his wife getting her implants today. Can you say 480 CCs??? Wish me and my roomate and his wife luck.

Old 01-06-2004 | 02:44 PM
Re: Engine swap in progress!!!

Originally posted by dirtchicken
Ok, I have started tearing apart my engine in preparation for the built long block to arrive. It should be here around the end of the week or Monday at the latest. I have been working about three hours or so now and have gotten the upper intake, supercharger and the intercooler removed. When I pulled the intercooler I had a ton of oil sitting in there. Also the coating off the rotor flakes is completely gone. I also drained the coolant out of both reservoirs. I am gonna yank the drive shaft and exhaust next. I am currently downloading pictures so I will have some eye candy for you guys shortly. All in all it's not going to badly. I am doing it by myself because one roomate is at work and the other one is with his wife getting her implants today. Can you say 480 CCs??? Wish me and my roomate and his wife luck.
Are you going to post pics of the wife too?

Old 01-06-2004 | 02:44 PM
Re: Engine swap in progress!!!

Originally posted by dirtchicken
and the other one is with his wife getting her implants today. Can you say 480 CCs???
Those are some big a$$ implants!! Probably cost more than your new motor!

Good luck with the project. Sounds like you're having fun!!

Quick Reply: Engine swap in progress!!!