Lightning

"Touchless" auto car washes & salt

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004 | 03:13 PM
|
Hey ILLINI-SVT,

I live in the Chicago area, suburbs actually, and I go in to the city to have my truck washed. There is a hand wash on Wabash & 21st int he South Loop for $15 that does an excellent job. They even use the air compressors to blow the water out of the hard to dry spots. Definitely worth it. They even have a wall of all their customers standing next to their rides. It's worth it at least check it out once.
Thanks for the heads up. After reading the info on Zaino's website about keeping Black cars swirl-free, I'm just about terrified to go anywhere without knowing what they're using to wash it. $15 is pretty good though, the places just North of the loop by my office are around $30-40, which is too much IMO. I try to wash it myself at least once a month and then a $5 gas station touchless basic spray to hose some salt off in between hand washes.

Where are you in the burbs? I'm from the south burbs. I've been looking for some L get togethers, I just got mine and I'm dying in this weather to get out and smoke the F1s and see some other people's L's.

Last edited by ILLINI-SVT; 01-15-2004 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply: "Touchless" auto car washes & salt