Lightning

Alcohol injection guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004 | 11:14 PM
|
Alcohol injection guys

This is for all you guys out there that are using alcohol injection on your trucks. I've been reading a lot about alcohol injection on a lightning and it sounds like a great idea for my situation.

I am just wondering if you guys that have it could post some pictures of your set-ups. And also if you could tell me what brand you guys use and how you like it.

Old 01-14-2004 | 11:18 PM
I personally enjoy tequila best for straight injection into my esophogus. A little Sodium nitrate and it works even better!
I know some guys down in mexico make good kits. Look for a man by the name of: cuervo, jose.

Old 01-14-2004 | 11:23 PM
I'm using the SMC kit. Uses a stock wiper washer bottle with the pump installed inside. Very easy to hook up and hard to see after installed. I'm running 19 degrees of timing on 91 octane gas.

Sorry, no pics yet. Lost the camera hookup to load into the computer. Here's his site:

http://www.smcenterprises.com/

Jody

Old 01-14-2004 | 11:30 PM
|
Originally posted by camcojb
I'm using the SMC kit. Uses a stock wiper washer bottle with the pump installed inside. Very easy to hook up and hard to see after installed. I'm running 19 degrees of timing on 91 octane gas.

Sorry, no pics yet. Lost the camera hookup to load into the computer. Here's his site:

http://www.smcenterprises.com/

Jody
So does that mean that it replaces the wiper washer bottle with the Alcohol bottle so that you no longer have windshield wiper fluid?? Wow, 19 degrees on 91 is insane. I couldn't run more than 11 degrees on 91 without pinging.

Anyone else with any pics of different set-ups?

Old 01-15-2004 | 12:15 AM
19 is actually working very well; the plugs look great and the A/F is plenty rich at this point. It does replace the washer so you'd lose that, but he has a universal kit with it's own separate bottle and pump so you could use that one and keep your washer fluid.

Jody

Old 01-15-2004 | 03:19 AM
if you plan on racing in the nmra i would suggest you consult the rule books as its not aloud to be on the truck period. i know a few trucks were running it last year and seam to have had good success. good luck with it.

Old 01-15-2004 | 04:49 AM
|
Originally posted by RDY2RAC
if you plan on racing in the nmra i would suggest you consult the rule books as its not aloud to be on the truck period. i know a few trucks were running it last year and seam to have had good success. good luck with it.
Never knew that, thanks for the info. Anyone else with pics?

Another question, is it safe to run such a high degree of timing on a stock block or would the extra timing cause the motor to blow??
And also how much does the lightning specific kit go for, the one which replaces the washer fluid?

Last edited by Jubelands; 01-15-2004 at 05:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Alcohol injection guys