Lightning

Sputtering? help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004 | 10:07 PM
|
Sputtering? help!

OK 2002 L 16,000 mi. Today on the way home I noticed a new sound, it was a sputtering sound coming from directly in front of the drivers seat, it sounds somewhat like an exhaust leak but it only happens under fairly hard acceleration. It sounds like air being pushed out of a pipe really fast but then it goes away when you let off the gas. I went by a little shop just to show someone and he said it doesnt sound like an exhaust leak but more like a cracked or lose EMR pipe? (sorry im drawin a blank right now, it was EM something, as you can see I dont know all that much about engines) anyways Im just wondering if anyone has had any similar problems and also do you recommend going to ford for this cause im still under warranty. Thanks for any help I know this is kinda vague.

Old 02-02-2004 | 10:58 PM
That maybe but check your plugs just to be safe.

Old 02-03-2004 | 11:01 AM
He probably said egr pipe.....But i second,, check your plugs...

Old 02-03-2004 | 04:36 PM
i had the same problem! its your plugs, how many #'s of boost are you running with what plugs?(if any) i was running 15lbs with the NGK tr6's and i blew the tops right off 4 of them, i switched to NKG BR7's when i got the KB, check your plugs.....

Old 02-03-2004 | 11:03 PM
|
Thanks for the help, yeah egr sound right. Im gonna check my plugs for sure, its all stock by the way, ive only had it for 4 weeks now so havent checked them before. Should be fun hehe

Old 03-14-2004 | 09:51 AM
Re: Sputtering? help!

Originally posted by avidian
OK 2002 L 16,000 mi. Today on the way home I noticed a new sound, it was a sputtering sound coming from directly in front of the drivers seat, it sounds somewhat like an exhaust leak but it only happens under fairly hard acceleration. It sounds like air being pushed out of a pipe really fast but then it goes away when you let off the gas.
I have a 2000 L here that the dealer let me bring home even before the loan went through and it's doing EXACTLY what you just described.

Quick Reply: Sputtering? help!