Lightning

Lightning LST Whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004 | 11:17 AM
|
Lightning LST Whats it worth?

Hey guys, in your opinions what is this truck worth?
1999 Lightning
11,000 Miles
LST Edition (If you dont know Lincoln front end)
ARE tonneau cover.
Spotless, no wear inside or out.
Black in color.
Thanks

Shawn

Old 02-08-2004 | 11:35 AM
Pics please Sounds sweet.

Try out www.kbb.com

Value all depends on if you're looking to trade it in on something or sell it private party.

Old 02-08-2004 | 11:50 AM
Re: Lightning LST Whats it worth?

Originally posted by Haku
LST Edition (If you dont know Lincoln front end)
Shawn
Never heard of that.

Old 02-08-2004 | 12:26 PM
sounds like the Lightning was wrecked in the front and the previous owner decided to do something different with the insurance money

Old 02-08-2004 | 12:37 PM
|
Nope, actually this guy (now dead ) won the lottery, and had a dozen Fords 4 of which were the LST's. He had two Lightnings, both black. I almost traded in the Sport-trac for the other one (also with 11k, not LST). He was in his 60's. His widow put all of them at a local car lot for sale. The only one they have left is this one. He took great care of all of them. They were always garaged, and proffesionaly kept. At first I didnt like the Lincoln front ends, but it seems to be growing on me. I havent decided if I should put a Prochager on my Screw, or just get this lightning. They are asking $18,950 for it, I figure I can get it for around $17 or so. Just wondering what everyone thinks its worth. KBB shows it at $19-21K but I dont trust it, it also says my Screw is worth $33k (and I only paid $28K brand new). Anyway.. just pop in what you think it would sell for if I purchased it, and decided not to keep it.
Thanks

Shawn

Old 02-08-2004 | 02:04 PM
Call Lincoln and Ford and give them the VIN # and anyone else who may have documentation on that truck.

If they have no idea what you're talking about, it's BS

Old 02-08-2004 | 02:27 PM
I can say, that WITHOUT a doubt, Ford NEVER made a Lightning with a navigator front end!

Now that is out of the way... we just have to figure out if the trucks you are talking about are f150's that were converted to look like a lightning/navigator, or if it is in fact a lightning with navigator sheet metal on the front of it. (see that a couple of times)

oh yeah!
PS: never believe a used car salesman! they will tell you anything they can to get you to buy something from them!

Old 02-08-2004 | 02:38 PM

What's it worth to you? That's what it comes down to in the end. Would you do this to a Lightning yourself. What would it cost for you to do it? Is it cheaper to buy the one you're looking at? If it's a real cusomized Lightning, I'd say it's a steal. If that's what you're looking for.

Old 02-08-2004 | 02:55 PM
I heard of a Ford dealer I THINK in South Carolina that was doing Navigator front ends on Lightnings and selling them that way.

But as Roger said, what it's worth is what you are willing to pay for it.

Old 02-08-2004 | 03:01 PM
|
Ive looked at it, and it apears it was done right, (I know they dont come that way from Ford), Ive seen the conversion kits for 3-4k not including paint. The paint looks flawless, matches perfectly. It boils down to if I had to sell it, for whatever reason, am I going to get what I paid for it?

Quick Reply: Lightning LST Whats it worth?