Lightning

Apten Dyno'ed Today

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004 | 07:51 PM
|
Apten Dyno'ed Today

Hi kids

First and foremost I would like to personally thank Jim from JDM and Brian from Apten for their services to the Lightning community!

Today was a good news/bad news day......
whatcha want first?

Well the Good News is the Apten Ported Blower does exactly what was reported. It makes power. How much, I guess, depends on the mods you have.

I have just about every bolt-on know to mankind, with the exception of the Plasma Booster! Only guys with ALOT of Timing use it, or so I heard.

I would show you my dyno sheets but it seems that F150 is having problems with the Photo Galleries, or atleast Iam having problems loading the scan into my gallery.

But let me say I gain 40rwhp(peak) and 20rwtq(peak). The Apten Port job does indeed work. I can't answer about the other porting jobs available, but Brian knows his chit. And man does it scream like a bastard. I got a video if someone can host it.

Now the Bad News.............
My truck is running out of fuel on the big end, BIG TIME!
The stock injectors just can't keep up with the amount of air going thru my motor now. They are max'ed out!
So if you got similar mods as me, its time to upgrade

ANYBODY thats does this mod is a fool, if you don't get your *** to a dyno and check A/F numbers. Actually, you should check A/F numbers anytime you do mods, but what do I know

So new larger injectors and pumps are going inreal soon

And Rob02 is going to chit his pants when he see's what he is up against

Anybody got 500rwhp on a stock long block yet????????????

Old 02-14-2004 | 07:55 PM
All i can say is very impressive gator.Any idea on what kind of injectors youll be using?Im gonn be up against the same issue.Do you already have a bigger fuel rail and pumps?

Old 02-14-2004 | 07:58 PM
There is a local guy here with a white 00 L with a 4lber, most bolt ons (shorty headers though) and a 125 shot. He makes over 530 rwhp on a stock 2001 motor ( he burned a valve on his first one.)

Old 02-14-2004 | 08:55 PM
What are your MODS? I am assuming that the Porting alone w/ a few other bolt ons will not require a larger injector. I hope not!

Old 02-14-2004 | 09:06 PM
Re: Apten Dyno'ed Today

Originally posted by Fast Gator
Hi kids

First and foremost I would like to personally thank Jim from JDM and Brian from Apten for their services to the Lightning community!

Today was a good news/bad news day......
whatcha want first?

Well the Good News is the Apten Ported Blower does exactly what was reported. It makes power. How much, I guess, depends on the mods you have.

I have just about every bolt-on know to mankind, with the exception of the Plasma Booster! Only guys with ALOT of Timing use it, or so I heard.

I would show you my dyno sheets but it seems that F150 is having problems with the Photo Galleries, or atleast Iam having problems loading the scan into my gallery.

But let me say I gain 40rwhp(peak) and 20rwtq(peak). The Apten Port job does indeed work. I can't answer about the other porting jobs available, but Brian knows his chit. And man does it scream like a bastard. I got a video if someone can host it.

Now the Bad News.............
My truck is running out of fuel on the big end, BIG TIME!
The stock injectors just can't keep up with the amount of air going thru my motor now. They are max'ed out!
So if you got similar mods as me, its time to upgrade

ANYBODY thats does this mod is a fool, if you don't get your *** to a dyno and check A/F numbers. Actually, you should check A/F numbers anytime you do mods, but what do I know

So new larger injectors and pumps are going inreal soon

And Rob02 is going to chit his pants when he see's what he is up against

Anybody got 500rwhp on a stock long block yet????????????

Excellent Gator!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can rest assured that my numbers are real...LOL. I had so much trouble believing that it would gain that much, I kept wondering if the dyno was screwed up.

This kind of consitant gain speaks very highly of the Apten port job and the research he has put into it.

Thanks to Brian for what appears to be a very significant contribution to the L community.

Rocks

Old 02-14-2004 | 09:09 PM
By the way....email me the vid...I can host it for a little while. I'll have to kill it in the morning or the hits will eat up all my space. That last vid I posted of my boost gage received over 4200 hits in about 10 hours. I never expected that much interest in a boost vid...LOL.

Anyway... plano.air@verizon.net

Rocks

Old 02-14-2004 | 09:18 PM
Excellent info. I've been thinking about doing the mod. But now I will definitely have to do some dyno time. More $$$$. Damn this is an expensive hobby.

Old 02-14-2004 | 09:22 PM
(apten) along with a FTVB is my next and only mods left.I might even throw in a drive shaft loop.I love my jdm chip.I wonder if they will dyno tune my truck? Id be willing to make a day trip real soon if thery would.

Old 02-14-2004 | 09:25 PM
I love the way Gator is talking about me but won't say it, hehehe

The Apten Port job does indeed work. I can't answer about the other porting jobs available, but Brian knows his chit.

I do believe he just called me an *******

As for you running out of Fuel, thats weird Gator, especially considering we got brothers running around with built motors and KB still using stock injectors ??? Whats up with that Bro ???
But as you stated you do have every mod known to man kind and as I've always said, and there is no doubt you have an exceptionally strong Lightning that runs extremly consistant.
Glad to see the numbers improve so much, it's hard as hell to get this kind of improvement when you already have the HP you had, VERY IMPRESSIVE GAINS INDEED

OK WHAT CHANGE DID YOU SEE IN YOUR A/F ???
Concerned minds want to know ????
Is the Maf maxing out too ???
Ok I Admitt it, it may be time for the old man to hit a Dyno himself.

Like I've been saying, where else can I go from here without bringing it home in a box. My future plan is simply, make another 11 sec pass or three and then enjoy a kick *** street Lightning til
I'm prepaired to go for major Bucks (if I decide to go that route)

Once again, Awesome Numbers Buddy, very impressive indeed, I can't wait to whoop your *** in front of the world, BTW , mine won't be running out of fuel on the top end.

Hey Gator, You think that fuel situation is weird ???
I got my X-Wife upstairs watching a Movie with the kid, and me and my little Blondie Girlfriend necking on the downstairs couch NOW THAT WAS WEIRD

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 02-14-2004 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2004 | 09:50 PM
I have to agree with Rob, Ive seen 42# injectors support upwards to 600RWHP on many occasions with a return style fuel system. On a returnless fuel system the 03 Cobra's are making 500RWHP on stock injectors(38#s I think) Are you sure that your not running out of pump and injectors arent your problem ?

Old 02-14-2004 | 10:08 PM
Originally posted by BigFan
I have to agree with Rob, Ive seen 42# injectors support upwards to 600RWHP on many occasions with a return style fuel system. On a returnless fuel system the 03 Cobra's are making 500RWHP on stock injectors(38#s I think) Are you sure that your not running out of pump and injectors arent your problem ?

This is a good question. So what's the scoop? What H.P. will our injectors support? What H.P. will our fuel pumps support.

I was thinking of doing both, but if it is not needed I could just do the pumps.

Rocks

Old 02-14-2004 | 10:15 PM
Old 02-14-2004 | 10:22 PM
Originally posted by BigFan
http://www.modulardepot.com/fuelcalc.php

This will help you out

Thank You.......You have to love the internet. There is a fill in work sheet for everything.

That's a great help.

Rocks

P.S. Where is that vid Gator!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2004 | 10:37 PM
|
Old 02-14-2004 | 10:42 PM
Congrats Gator

Quick Reply: Apten Dyno'ed Today