Lightning

Question about Superchips

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004 | 05:31 AM
|
Question about Superchips

Hey everyone, I just got my L today and I love it, well I discoverd it has a chip, a blue module Superchip. I know nothing about chips or anything of that sort, this is my first trip into modular land as I always have had a 302. Anyway, the chip has a toggle switch but I don't know what does what. Does it have two settings for two different programs. The truck does have nos and basic mods like a cat back and crank pulley. Thanks for any help!!

I put this in the computer chip thread but figured I'd get more bites here!

Old 02-15-2004 | 10:26 AM
Re: Question about Superchips

Originally posted by ND4SPD
Hey everyone, I just got my L today and I love it, well I discoverd it has a chip, a blue module Superchip. I know nothing about chips or anything of that sort, this is my first trip into modular land as I always have had a 302. Anyway, the chip has a toggle switch but I don't know what does what. Does it have two settings for two different programs. The truck does have nos and basic mods like a cat back and crank pulley. Thanks for any help!!

I put this in the computer chip thread but figured I'd get more bites here!
Yes it should have 2 settings. One would be for street the other for track generally or in your case street/NOS.

I would suggest removing the the chip and you should find on the other side of it numbers like CUX2 XXXXX. CUX2 means it would be for a 2000 'L for example and where the Xs are above would mean the program that is in there.

Next thing to do is find out who burned the chip. I would suggest you call JDM Engineering @732-780-0770 cause it could be their chip or at least they may be able to help you.

Old 02-15-2004 | 10:28 AM
Superchips are ggreat just like the rest of the brands of chip. It is all in the tune on the chip. You might want to take the chip out and see whats written onthe back so we can help you figure out who tuned it and if its tuned for those mods. DO you know what size pulley and shot of nirtous is on your truck?

Last edited by LatemodelRacer2; 02-15-2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-15-2004 | 10:52 AM
Like was said....pull the chip

see what codes are written on the back and call JDM, a SuperChip distributor. But you must know what the programs are and what side of the chip they are on.

Listen carefully for any pinging while driving. If you hear anything, get out of the throttle. If it was me, I would be very careful until I know what I have for sure.

Best of Luck
and
Enjoy your truck

Old 02-15-2004 | 01:03 PM
|
Thanks for all the tips, I am going to go pull it right now and I finally got an email from the past owner today, he said the crank pulley is a 6lb and the shot is a 125.

Old 02-15-2004 | 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ND4SPD
Thanks for all the tips, I am going to go pull it right now and I finally got an email from the past owner today, he said the crank pulley is a 6lb and the shot is a 125.
IF thats a stock bottom end then that shot of nitrous is a death button for your motor. But if you wanna sell it ill put it on my L

Old 02-15-2004 | 01:57 PM
|
Ok I got the codes it reads ABU2 39CA E2F, and the chip is from JDM so hopefully they will be able to help me. Now about what LatemodelRacer2 said is my bottom end really a time bomb, I don't really plan to spray it very much, very much at all infact, I thought as long as you had a good tune it was ok for the motor unless you abuse it.

Quick Reply: Question about Superchips