loaded
even has the rare factory tach
super engine cooling and upgraded factory front bumper
nice shape
automatic
5.0L
83k miles
chrome wheels with white letter tires.

$$$$$What would you see this truck for sale for in your part of the country?.Its a georgia truck so there shoul be no rust.$$$

I just bought this on ebay for a truck to covert over to a truck i bought new in 1995.I sold it in 96 and rtegretted it ever since.I have NEVER seen another one with this factory color in Short bed.2wdSome of you might have seen my ad in the classifieds.I was desperatly seeking a 95 (color) blue sapphire xlt set up similar to the one i just bought.In 3 years of searching,I could never find one so i found the nicest one i could find with the lowest mileage with a clean title.I just have to repaint it blue saphire.Right now its green..Im doing a old school style (its my favorite of all) 96 f150 with a choo choo custom air dam,driving lights.15X10 eagle wheels in back wrapped in 295/50/15 and 15x8 with 245/60/15 in front.Lowering to make level and dual exhaust..Something about those trucks just brings a smile to my face.Next on my list is a mint 94-95 lightning.

so anyway,How much do you think this truck would cost you in your area?? please help.I feel like I paid way too much but its what i want and it really dont matter,im just curious how bad i got I porked my self.

Old 02-15-2004 | 10:23 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
I looked up used retail on kbb. It used to hold my zip code from my last visit but they changed the format. The zip that was sitting there was '03825' and the mileage was preloaded at 81K not 83k. What's up with that?

Anyway, when I changed it to a VA zip the retail actually dropped $30 to $7,465 I think.

If something holds memories for you the price doesn't matter, somebody else just sees a truck.

I know I would pay way too much for a Black '74 Dodge Charger.

Old 02-15-2004 | 10:27 AM
here's what Kelley Blue Book says it's worth buying in private

I only put the condition down as "GOOD" and didn't list all your
options I'm sure. Yours could be worth a lot more,
I'd use this as a low dollar comparison

1996 Ford F150 Short Bed
Engine: V8 5.0 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: 2 Wheel Drive
Mileage: 83,000

Equipment
XLT
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
AM/FM Stereo

Consumer Rated Condition: Good
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. The paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. In states where rust is a problem, this should be very minimal, and a deduction should be made to correct it. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A clean title history is assumed. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail; however major reconditioning should be deducted from the value. Most recent model cars owned by consumers fall into this category.

Private Party Value $4,410
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

And here's what they say a Dealer may ask

1996 Ford F150 Short Bed

Engine: V8 5.0 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: 2 Wheel Drive
Mileage: 81,000

Equipment
XLT
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
AM/FM Stereo

Retail Value $6,335
The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value represents the amount an auto dealer might ask for a specific vehicle. The Suggested Retail Value is a starting point for negotiation therefore the actual sale price will vary. Popularity, condition, warranty, color and local market conditions will be factors involved in determining a final price. This retail value is not a trade-in or private party value.
This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history. The Suggested Retail Value also allows for advertising, sale commissions, insurance and other costs of doing business as a dealer. Most vehicles being offered at this price have passed an inspection and some may carry a warranty.

GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS

Old 02-15-2004 | 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Raoul

I know I would pay way too much for a Black '74 Dodge Charger.
You should see what I would pay for a 1969 Dodge Swinger w/340 4 speed. Got my first piece in it........PRICELESS

Old 02-15-2004 | 03:53 PM
|
Private Party Value $4,410 .I am a car dealer and That is actually what I would pay for the vehicle at auction(actually about $3800).
Thats what i WANTED to pay.The problem is here up in new england,Its very hard even to find a 10 year old truck that does not have rot nevermind rust on it.There have been a couple of trucks ive almost bought but they have neer been exactly or close enough to what i want.for around $4k ,Some are 6cyl autos ,6cyl 5spd, have low miles but are XL not XLT and so on.Its actaully MUCH harder to find a reg cab 2wd v8 auto XLT than it is to get a gen 1 Lightning.Ive learned that it is usually cheaper in the long run to pay too much for something that is what you want then to pay cheap$$ and have to do too much to it to TRY and make it work for you.Thats whay I tried SO HARD to find one in the right color but it was IMPOSSIBLE. Ive only evr saw 3 of these trucks.I just dont think dealers ordered them because it was an odd color that i happened to love.Its close to sonic blue.Anyway i paid $6500, I hope it is all what the seller said it was............Plus $750 to ship it. in all reality i spent $7250 on a $5k truck at best and now gotta throw $5k worth o mods on it. OUCH.talk about bad resale Ill never part with this one though.

Old 02-15-2004 | 04:46 PM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
I'am not so sure to believe the (rare factor tac) line

I had a 95 Eddie Bauer and it was the best truck I ever owned. It had a 351 and could that bastage move man.

Every XLT that I ever seen had the tach but I'am in Canada so it may be different down there. Last auction I was at there were some trucks of that year going through at $ 3,500. Mind you they were old fleet units but looked as if they were taken care of.

Base you price as you may Just make sure you don't pay to much, I'am confident it will be a awsome truck though. Ford built one awsome truck in 94, 95, 96 And they were the style I liked best.

Old 02-16-2004 | 10:49 PM
|
I think that because the trucks you see are canadian might make a huge difference for the simple reason that,your guage packages are always different.Maybe ALL canadian XLTs have a specific gauge cluster do to kilometers.

Here in the states,i have only seen VERY FEW trucks with the tach option other than lightnings(gen 1).Im not saying that the truck is special because of it rather that in fact it is VERY rare to see them back in those years.At least in NE

there is a BIG difference between an auction $3500 truck which has been salted to DEATH in canada or northern states, and a southern truck with no rust.Im not saying I didnt pay too much but at least i am getting what i want.To me its like a personal hot rod.For the record,I have been a dealer for 8 years now and like mentioned before,These trucks are certainly not a dime a dozen.even in bad condition,You never really see these trucks anymore at auction.Id love for you to look up some of your auction sources and prove me wrong.............Doubt it will happen.

Im not so sure to believe the (fleet) trucks you mentioned were shortbed v8 automatic xlts either

I dont EVER recall seeing companies order those trucks

Usually they are XLs shortbed with power steering or longbeds.the trucks I am reffereing to just do not meet the industry standard for company fleet vehicle,sorry it doesnt happen.

Last edited by Lightningquick; 02-16-2004 at 10:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Guys,What do you think this is worth?