Lightning

Tailgate lock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailgate lock?

Anyone have an electric tailgate lock? If so where did you get it and such?

Old 02-15-2004, 08:23 PM
I've put several of these in. Picked mine up through JC Whitney. It's a 2 hr. job and works well. I beefed up the mount inside the tailgate. The original one was a little bit flimsey.

Old 02-15-2004, 10:34 PM
It work good? That is the one I was looking at; I always like to lock my tailgate, but hate having to use the key and check it.

Old 02-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out the dynolock. I put one in mine and with a click of the key fob it locks, 2 clicks on the unlock button and it unlocks with the passenger door. Easy install and comes with all the hardware, wiring, quick connects and wiring loom. You can tie it into the door locks on the passenger side by the front door.

http://www.dynolock.net/Dyno-Elelock.htm

Old 02-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Yup that's what it was, easy install and works well. Takes a little longer to string the wires through the SuperCrew but their are some nice grometed exit points.

Old 02-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by GearHead_1
Yup that's what it was, easy install and works well. Takes a little longer to string the wires through the SuperCrew but their are some nice grometed exit points.
Would you happen to have a "How-To?" Im looking to do the same to my Screw.

Old 02-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Krix330cic(NJ),

Sorry, it's been a couple of years ago and I didn't put together a "How To". I will tell you that it isn't hard. I picked up the trigger wire beneath the drivers door. You could also do this on the passenger side. It doesn' matter much. The included instructions will tell you the color of the trigger wire and you'll use 3M connectors to attach. I ran my wiring harness down the driver side rocker rail and took the harness up through the storage area behind the rear seat and down through the body to the frame. There is a nice drainage gromet in the far right of the storage area (as you are facing it). If you open the storage door and lift the carpet you'll see it. Better yet just crawl under the cab and look towards the left rear of the cab. Once you're out the of the body you can run the harness (which is pre-loomed) right down the inside of the frame with the factory harness. It's not much harder than that. You won't need the loom extension on a SuperCrew, I think that it's more for a 3/4 or 1 ton crew cab. I did put a piece of angle iron on the actuator. The kit's brace was a little bit thin and made more noise than I liked but that's probably just my taste.

Last edited by GearHead_1; 02-16-2004 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Tailgate lock?