Old 02-15-2004 | 07:44 PM
Originally posted by eposey
What goes through these people's heads?

Crack...

Old 02-15-2004 | 07:49 PM
Here's the blow by blow from Atco last Fall:

AssClown: Nice truck.

Me: Thanks. It's a lot of fun.

AssClown: I'm not baggin' on your ride, but if you wanna save yourself some money, a friend of mine works at a Ford dealer and says that the F-250's with a set of slicks are running low 13's off the showroom floor. They have a ton more torque than these.

Me: Really? Wow. That's cool. Guess it all comes down to preference and not price and performance.

AssClown: You're right.

I ran into him later in the staging lanes and he kind of avoided eye contact. I guess he saw my E.T. (nothing to brag about here of course) and figured maybe I knew a little about 'my ride' and it's 'competition'.

AssClowns are what make the world go 'round. Here's to ya'!!

Old 02-15-2004 | 07:52 PM
I had a guy ask me if my truck had a HEMI in it.

???????????????What the hell???????????????

Old 02-15-2004 | 08:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally posted by DarkShadow03
three of them for ya

1. Last time i was at the track with skennet, Txsoutlaw, Red92 and GregS we were all in our L's. When clay(red92) pulled up to make his run, the Announcer was talking about what our trucks were, and that they had a turbochared 4.6l v8 in them....idiot
That was hilarious! What a jackleg.

Old 02-15-2004 | 08:40 PM
"Too bad they put that motor in a truck, because everyone knows that they can't drag race. They can't get traction off the line, and even a Civic will beat them off the line."

Old 02-15-2004 | 09:04 PM
Cool

HI!... I've had A$$CLOWNS in the SUPERCHARGER section of this site and another site say that I have blown my 5.4 several times and they have proof in my own gallery's. Too bad they don't read the captions above the pics and realize that it's not the same year 5.4 or that it came out of a EXPEDITION and not a F-150!

I luv the people that think they know more about your truck and what's been done to than YOU do.

Well if there wasn't idiots in the world then I guess we wouldn't have anyone to call *IDIOTS*.

Old 02-15-2004 | 09:22 PM
kinda off the subject:

I was at a SMALL local car shows that is a weekend "hangout" and some jacka$$ comes up to you while you are just hanging out minding your own business and starts talking
***** about your truck and why you wasted money modifiying a "FARM TRUCK".
Then your girlfriend jumps in and starts rattling off your mods and what it runs in the 1/4 and rear wheel HP and Torque and by that time a few people gathered around because she is really letting him have it and by time she is done, he just turns around and walks away without saying a word.

Old 02-15-2004 | 11:01 PM
haha

Some guy in N.Y. keeps telling me I need more timing.

You two are a riot!!!

Anyhow, here's a top ten

10)"Must be a bitch finding those red tail bulbs"
9)"I'm gonna get one of these in an extended cab"
8)"Wouldn't it run faster if the exhaust came out both sides of the engine?"
7)"Why did you get an automatic, that's stupid?"
6)***in conjunction with #7*** "just shift it manually, you will definitely gain 2 tenths"
5)"I can't believe they put the supercharged cobra motors in pickup trucks first"
4)"This must have one of the highest towing capacities out there with all that power"
3)"Wow, that's one of those truck that has nitrous (can also insert turbo in there too)
2)"These things have a ton of low end torque, you should be poping the clutch around 3k rpm's when you launch man and your 60's will be twice as fast" (mind you the guy said this after I let him sit in the truck ........hello???????)
1)***This had to be the funniest*** " Wow, with all that power it must be great in the snow, you must be able to just fly through a foot of snow like nothing"

Old 02-16-2004 | 03:41 AM
the best one I ever heard was, That's got the V10, right?

Old 02-16-2004 | 06:35 AM
I tried to rent a trailer to pull my Mustang with and was told my truck didn't have enough power to pull the trailer with the mustang (under 5000lbs total weight w/trailer and stang)

When I explained I had 380hp and almost as much torque as the turbo diesel he went on about how my brakes would not hold up pulling the trailer. I took him outside and showed him the brakes on my truck, and compared it to another truck sitting there showing that they are much bigger then a normal F-150.

He then went on to tell me that my truck was the "super-light" version of the F-150 and that the brakes didn't matter because my truck didn't weigh enough to be able to stop the trailer, and how it would be a liability and very dangerous if they rented me a trailer. He then went on to tell me if I had gotten the 4x4 version it would weigh a few hundered pounds more and then it would be safe enough...

I could have broken out the manual and showed him the 5000lb rating, but at this point I had enough and ended up going to another place, telling them I was pulling a festiva, getting a trailer, and had 0 issues lugging that weight or stopping for some 200 miles in hilly terrain, Some people...

Old 02-16-2004 | 07:33 AM
Originally posted by l-menace
this one guy keeps telling me that the gen 1 handle better
than the gen 2's....
Ummmm ... Well, they do !!! Take one on a road course or
Autocross it and you will see...... The I-Beam is a better
front setup for cornering, I think.

Maybe we can get Leeann to take you all on and spank
ya on the cone course ....

Old 02-16-2004 | 08:12 AM
I think I'd let Leeann spank me....

Old 02-16-2004 | 08:20 AM
I just had a SVT dealer salesman tell me they don't make an 04 Lightning, funny mine was parked right outside.

Old 02-16-2004 | 10:43 AM
One of my dad's business associates asked what I drove one time and I told him. I didn't think he'd really understand so I just said "It's a pretty quick truck". He then tells me that the Syclone was the fastest truck ever with a Turbocharged V-10 I tried to tell him it wasn't but his roommate in college had one...I agreed and walked away.

Old 02-16-2004 | 11:00 AM
Originally posted by VINNIE
Some guy in N.Y. keeps telling me I need more timing.

VINNIE
me too.........whats up with dat

Quick Reply: Strrangest "fact" someone has told you about your truck