Lightning

Strrangest "fact" someone has told you about your truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a guy at the local muffler shop say " i am an ex ford tech and man those Wieand Superchargers are great." they make like 500hp. i couldn't even speak after that.

The same guy said " i think you flat spotted a piston or something. its not runing right" i know it wasnt, i had just put the intake back on it after cleaning the filter. my dumb@$$ forgot to plug the mass air.

Also when people ride with me that have never been in a supercharged vehicle always ask " is your truck ok? it sounds like something is whining or something" hehe

Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I work with a girl who was telling me that her ex husband owns a Lightning and they are cool because you can push "that button" and they make that "wheeeeeeee" sound.

Also, when I was looking for my truck, I test drove a nice DSG one at a Nissan dealer. When I came back the next day to take another look, they told me that they had sent it to a Ford dealer because it was making a whinning noise and they thought the supercharger may need to be replaced.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I can't believe I'm going to tell this. My brother, 52 yoa, had a 69 SS Camaro that supposed to have ran 13's back in 71. I gave him his first ride in the L last Sunday 2/18/07, and I could not say anything to him after what he said to me; after smoking the tires at 40 mph...then hitting it a couple more times. He said that he could not lean forward when I was on it due to being pinned back into the seat...that was good and then...OMG; He said it reminded him of the movie Delivence when the freak said, "Squeal like a pig for me." He could not (after I told him it whined not squealed) quit saying squeal. That's f#@$ed up!

Last edited by twb02lightning; 02-21-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Afew months ago, I found a note on my windshield that said "If you want to make this truck REALLY fast, give me a call". It also stated that he had several trucks in our area that made 550+ on stock blocks. (Must have been talking crankshaft hp).
Out of shear curiosity, I dailed the #. He proceded to tell me that no one in our area knew much about these trucks and with his connections on the west coast, he could make them fast. When he also told me that the limit on a stock block was 23 lbs of boost, I almost had to pull over on the side of the road in laughter.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2tonOfun
I work with a girl who was telling me that her ex husband owns a Lightning and they are cool because you can push "that button" and they make that "wheeeeeeee" sound. . .
Different kind of Lightning.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
Different kind of Lightning.

Man, I'm so naive.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:57 AM
lets see...I get some real good ones in New York City, it seems like nobody knows what the hell a Lightning is up here....

Does that thing have a Hemi?

why didnt you get it with a manual tranny?

how much hp does it have, then after the answer......does that have a turbo on it?

does that thing have VTEC?

My RSX type S would kill it !!

is that a chevy? (mind you it does have the ford ovals on it)

that has a mustang engine in it,.....right?

what was that noise when you floored it?

I am sure there are more idiotic things but I can't remember them all right now.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Wow, I don't think I've ever had anyone tell me any "facts" about my truck so far.

I get a lot of complements, and the question of why it does not come in manual, but no one ever said "blah blah blah" incorrectly about it.

My last comments were:
* a woman who came over while I was showing it to some co-workers and said "Wow, that's a really cute truck, I like it."
* my one co-worker who got his first ride and screamed out "What the hell was that?" when the supercharger noise whined in.
* my other co-worker friend who describes my truck as "insane" stating there is "no reason to ever accelerate that fast, it practically bends light" and it "scares the crap out of him"...he won't go for a second ride, lol.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh, I do love when girls walking/riding with their boyfriends stare at my ride...hahaha....

Old 02-22-2007, 03:44 PM
When someone asks about either truck, I always start off with, do you "know" what a lightning is? Fairly often I get the response "I have one but without the supercharger option." um.. Ok, I'll stop there.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by thepawn

My last comments were:
* a woman who came over while I was showing it to some co-workers and said "Wow, that's a really cute truck, I like it."
I got the "cute" one once. Stopped at a light when a raised chevy with a meathead driving and a bunch of chicks pulls up next to me. They girls start laughing at me/my truck. They girl in the passenger seat says "Aw don't worry I think your truck is cute."

"Cute!? Ill show you what this cute truck can do" says I. I proceed to do a nice burnout, hopefully leaving them all smelling like rubber. Ah, I sure can impress chicks. LOL.

-31C

Old 02-22-2007, 03:55 PM
I got from co-worker of my ex's father - "there is no way your truck can have that much horsepower" and "thats not even your truck" after he was shown the 9.74 run - Your right A-hole its not my truck - its completely different because i put the stock hood back on! and he didnt believe that a d/d could run in the 9's

Old 02-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Went I confronted a salesman about the oil in the intake problem, he said- "the supercharger needs to get lubricated somehow" lol.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by emig5m
Went I confronted a salesman about the oil in the intake problem, he said- "the supercharger needs to get lubricated somehow" lol.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:08 PM
i havent had any strange facts, but i did have a guy in a 5.9 r/t durango wanting to bet me a g note that he could beat me in a race. he was certain he would win because i was only a 5.4 and he was 5.9 so he was surley gonna win. since i didnt have a g note on me at the time he wouldnt race.

Quick Reply: Strrangest "fact" someone has told you about your truck