Lightning

need help with rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004 | 09:52 PM
|
Question need help with rebuild

i have a few questions about build up for a works 140. what is needed? would i just need the lower end package and a trans upgrade?would i need a trans upgrade? how much money do people charge to install the lower end? or could i do it myself? sorry for all the questions but i just want to make sure i get this right

Old 02-15-2004 | 09:55 PM
I believe Dale who just set the record as the worlds quickest Lightning has a stock tranny.

BOTTOM END IS DEFINETLY NEEDED.

www.miloc.org/forum

Old 02-15-2004 | 10:30 PM
Re: need help with rebuild

Originally posted by WhtSvt
i have a few questions about build up for a works 140. what is needed? would i just need the lower end package and a trans upgrade?would i need a trans upgrade? how much money do people charge to install the lower end? or could i do it myself? sorry for all the questions but i just want to make sure i get this right
The way works does business is THE worst i have ever seen. I had ordered a Works 140 Months ago through sal. Paid in full to boot. I called chris (the owner of Works Power) on saturday and left a voicemail. He called me back at 9pm that night. He said he knows nothing about me or my order and owes no one any product. Yet Sal has contacted me every time he called chris and left a voicemail and e-mailed chris. These communications have to add up to at least 15-20 times. I talked to chris again last monday and he said he will call sal that afternoon and give him an update as to how long until my blower along with someone elses (sal had 2 orders both paid in full for 140's). Well sal has yet to recieve a call. I called again on wednesday and got his voicemail. Left a message and have not recieved a call back. I cancelled my order Thursday and had my money back from sal Yesterday. In just DO NOT GO TO WORKS. Chris lies to cover up his *** and gives empty promises. Chris told one person that ordered a 140 that it would take 3-4 weeks tops. It ended up taking 7 months to recieve his product. This is the reason REM no longer sells Works Power products and are going to their own design. I don't know about you but if i owned a company and my only distributer had 2 orders and 7k+ bux for me i would call him back as soon as i got the message. /end rant

I am not doubting the power the Works 140 created or the product itself. Just the "Man" that builds/owns the company. The 140 is a kickass blower anyways.

Just my List of events with Works Power.

Works Power=

Will

Old 02-16-2004 | 08:17 AM
|
spanky

sorry to hear about that. i think its bs when you order something that cost so much and it takes that long. no respect for the customer. no offense to sal cause i know he in very respectable and values his customers. thanks for the warning. i hope i can get a works some how without all that trouble

Old 02-16-2004 | 08:54 PM
Re: spanky

Originally posted by WhtSvt
sorry to hear about that. i think its bs when you order something that cost so much and it takes that long. no respect for the customer. no offense to sal cause i know he in very respectable and values his customers. thanks for the warning. i hope i can get a works some how without all that trouble
Good luck

Sal is the only "authorized" distributer of Works Power blowers and "The Man" won't call back sal when he has orders for him.

Will

Quick Reply: need help with rebuild