Lightning

looking for a tune in texas

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004 | 02:12 PM
|
looking for a tune in texas

need to get the girls truck tuned since my tuner will be out of town for 2 weeks and it sucks so if anyone has any good places and good feed back let me know

Old 02-16-2004 | 05:19 PM
if your in the dallas ftworth area check out performance research. He has his own forum over on talonclub.com. He only dose superchips tho. Great guy to work with also.

Old 02-16-2004 | 06:04 PM
Re: looking for a tune in texas

Originally posted by Spk2067
need to get the girls truck tuned since my tuner will be out of town for 2 weeks and it sucks so if anyone has any good places and good feed back let me know
More information is needed...

What kind of chip? Texas is a big place, are you willing to drive anywhere in Texas?

If you need a dyno tune for an autologic chip or a predator I recommend Mike Murillo. You can find his information in my sig. If you do not need a dyno tune then why not mail it off to one of the main tuners?

--Steele

Old 02-16-2004 | 06:20 PM
im with poorsvtman, go with Terry from Performance Research. I think he does mostly SuperChips.

Old 02-16-2004 | 06:47 PM
NO FLAME............BUT
Texas is a big state, from what I heard

Take her truck and your butt to a FFW Event and pick a tuner you feel comfortable with, and let them burn you a chip at the track.

It's a no-brainer in my book

Old 02-16-2004 | 10:18 PM
Originally posted by cpeapea
im with poorsvtman, go with Terry from Performance Research. I think he does mostly SuperChips.
I believe thats all he can do is superchips. He might have changed that tho. Not sure, i could be wrong

Old 02-17-2004 | 04:58 PM
Re: looking for a tune in texas

Is the girls truck a lightning? Let her drive yours for two weeks.
Or park her truck and get a rental until the tuner gets back to town., if that sucks and ...if its a rush deal you can get someone in texas to come to you for big bucks ...

Who is your tuner?...I mean your girls tuner....or whatever...?

If you dont have a Lightning where did you get an eaton and why do you think its worth 1500???? I'll give you 250. Who ported it to the max??
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=130398

Last edited by RED 92; 02-17-2004 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2004 | 08:11 PM
Talking A Tune in Texas you want????

If your gonna play in Texas
You gotta have a fiddle in the band
That lead guitar is hot but not for a luisiana man....

Thats a good tune in texas!

All my Ex's live in Texas....

Goin through the big D and don't mean Dallas...

Should I keep going?

Old 02-17-2004 | 08:16 PM
Re: A Tune in Texas you want????

Originally posted by whip
If your gonna play in Texas
You gotta have a fiddle in the band
That lead guitar is hot but not for a luisiana man....

Thats a good tune in texas!

All my Ex's live in Texas....

Goin through the big D and don't mean Dallas...

Should I keep going?

god blessed texas...
or something like that.

Old 02-17-2004 | 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
NO FLAME............BUT
Texas is a big state, from what I heard

Take her truck and your butt to a FFW Event and pick a tuner you feel comfortable with, and let them burn you a chip at the track.

It's a no-brainer in my book
When and where is the next Fun Ford Weekend in Texas? Maybe the truck will be running by then

Old 02-17-2004 | 08:32 PM
Originally posted by JDM02SVT
When and where is the next Fun Ford Weekend in Texas? Maybe the truck will be running by then
April 30, May 1-2

Old 02-18-2004 | 02:13 AM
|
Re: Re: looking for a tune in texas

Originally posted by RED 92
Is the girls truck a lightning? Let her drive yours for two weeks.
Or park her truck and get a rental until the tuner gets back to town., if that sucks and ...if its a rush deal you can get someone in texas to come to you for big bucks ...

Who is your tuner?...I mean your girls tuner....or whatever...?

If you dont have a Lightning where did you get an eaton and why do you think its worth 1500???? I'll give you 250. Who ported it to the max??
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=130398

wow i dont even remember posting that.. and the tuners name is DOM thats all i know him by he tunes the truck at speedwoks in lewisville tx,

and the blower was never ported she was told it was but only the upper and lower intake were along with the heads.

so i think were going to have the blower sent to apten to get it done then swap them out..

and why dont you think i have a lightning i posted pictures of it.. its hers..

were just going to wait and trailor it to dallas next tuesday

Old 02-18-2004 | 07:45 PM
Re: Re: Re: looking for a tune in texas

wow i dont even remember posting that.. and the tuners name is DOM thats all i know him by he tunes the truck at speedwoks in lewisville tx,

and the blower was never ported she was told it was but only the upper and lower intake were along with the heads.

so i think were going to have the blower sent to apten to get it done then swap them out..

and why dont you think i have a lightning i posted pictures of it.. its hers..

were just going to wait and trailor it to dallas next tuesday
his name is dom orlando. i didnt have good experiences with him. he tunes WOT just fine but cannot tune for driveability. he tuned my mustang 3 times and each time the driveability sucked. the thing idled at 1150 and surged and took for ever for the rpms to come down. he had the car 3 times and couldnt get it right. now he wont even return emails or phone calls from me. so i would shy away from using him if i were you b/c if something goes wrong he wont be there. and he is very difficult to get in touch with. jmo...
here is doms info if you still want to use him.
chips@rffperformance.com
972-880-7265

Old 02-19-2004 | 12:23 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: looking for a tune in texas

Originally posted by davbrucas
his name is dom orlando. i didnt have good experiences with him. he tunes WOT just fine but cannot tune for driveability. he tuned my mustang 3 times and each time the driveability sucked. the thing idled at 1150 and surged and took for ever for the rpms to come down. he had the car 3 times and couldnt get it right. now he wont even return emails or phone calls from me. so i would shy away from using him if i were you b/c if something goes wrong he wont be there. and he is very difficult to get in touch with. jmo...
here is doms info if you still want to use him.
chips@rffperformance.com
972-880-7265

Stay the heck away from the tuning at Speedworks in Lewisville. I just talked to a guy this week who has had TWO blown motors in his 03 that they TRIED to tune at speedworks.

Forgive them Lord...for they know not what they do!!!! And that is no crappola.

I have talked to those guys a few times...they Should Not be trying to tune Lightnings.

Rocks

Old 02-19-2004 | 02:33 AM
|
yea i know i have not had very good ways of getting in contact with him either i tried to call him for a month left messages and everything at both speed works and his cell never a call back, well one day last week i called him from my gf's phone and then 5 min later i decided to block the number and called back and he answerd..

kinda pissed me off but whatever..

her truck was not tuned with a chip by dom he dad a computer reflash and did all his settings that way so if i dont go back to him i have to either get a new computer or take it to ford and have them reflash it, back to stock and then get another chip 2 programfor street/ blower then race blower gas..

well who has heard good things about tuners in the houston area..

any one heard about slaters / house of speed / strickly / whoever

Quick Reply: looking for a tune in texas