Lightning

Wheel deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004 | 08:27 PM
|
Wheel deal

Ok heres the scoop.
I bought some Ford 16" aluminum slotted wheels used and have been using them for winter use on my L.

Today I talked to a lady who had a brand new Harley crew cab with 20 wheels. She said she couldn't drive it in the snow because it slid around so much.

I told her I would make her a deal on my 16" alluminum explorer winter wheels with Michilan cross terrain tires.
She is worried that since hers are 20inch wheels they won't fit.

I said if they fit on my Lightning they should work on her harley.

True or False!

I don't think I am steering her wrong. I just don't feel I want or need the narrow tires and don't want to store them. Hate the looks of them but the do work great in the snow.

What do you think would be a fair price to her. I have over $600 in them and Probably less than 5k miles on them. I was hoping maybe $500 with me installing them. Then I can put that money towards some new skins for my L.
I am short two center caps but have all the ford lugnuts and the wheels are perfect. I think they were take offs that someone traded in. I don't have a camera to post pics.

Old 02-16-2004 | 10:38 PM
As long as the diameter of your wheels overall are the same as her stock diamater, she'll be fine unless she upgraded her brakes.

Quick Reply: Wheel deal