Lightning

Rear Window

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Window

Do any of you guys know of a place to order a rear window that's set up for a roll cage? The cage is on it's way, but I don't konw what to do about the window. I'm looking for either the entire window with frame and everything (still want to have a slider) or precut sections to shove in my existing frame. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-18-2004, 02:42 PM
Call JDM
They are the ones who made my rear window for me.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:09 PM
That looks super clean

Old 02-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Re: Rear Window

Originally posted by JDM02SVT
Do any of you guys know of a place to order a rear window that's set up for a roll cage? The cage is on it's way, but I don't konw what to do about the window. I'm looking for either the entire window with frame and everything (still want to have a slider) or precut sections to shove in my existing frame. Thanks for the help.
You wont be able to order one with precut lexan fit for the rear bars because every rollbar is different and the angle and position that the rear bars come thru the rear windows is different, but what you can do is order an aftermarket rear slider that has outside glass that is not framed in, have your rollbar person do everything but weld in the rear bars, then you will have to remove the side glass on the slider (out of the vehicle) and make a template for the lexan, then install the slider with the side glass missing, and tack the rear bars in place, then measure and make another template where the bars are going to go thru the rear glass and have the sides made out of lexan cut to fit the holes that you measured, then untack the rear bars and slide the lexan up to position, but dont forget to rough up the lexan where it will contact the urethane sealer or it will not stick.

Its a hell of a process and very time consuming to get just perfect.

Do a search on rollbars here and you will find all the info you need.

AY

Old 02-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your help guys

Old 02-18-2004, 08:14 PM
When we did my roll bar the rear window was put together at JDM's shop and sent complete to the roll bar shop.

He did it the way Grey03 said, but was able to cut holes in the completed window in the right spots.

Old 02-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
When we did my roll bar the rear window was put together at JDM's shop and sent complete to the roll bar shop.

He did it the way Grey03 said, but was able to cut holes in the completed window in the right spots.
That's exactly what I'm looking for

Old 02-19-2004, 03:48 PM
I called JDM today and they said they don't carry rear windows and to ask on here. I tried to find out who they get their windows from but didn't get a response. Back to the drawing board. Any more ideas guys?

Old 02-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by JDM02SVT
I called JDM today and they said they don't carry rear windows. I tried to find out who they get their windows from but didn't get a response. Back to the drawing board. Any more ideas guys?

Quick Reply: Rear Window