Lightning

I want everyone to register and reply to this

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) A Superchips representative insulted me and all other Lightning owners, and has stated he does not want our business or to be associated with us. This is one of the very worst mistakes any company can make, especially when we are purchasers of the company's core commodity.

2) I will not buy any of their products, or provide any good will for their products. If anyone asks an opinion about their company or any product they make, I will refer them to a competitors product.

3) Any vendor who works for, or sells Superchips products or services should be contacting the home office and start circling the wagons for damage control. I will not bash a vendor because they sell Superchips products, but I also will not recomend them unless they have publicly stated they do not share Jerry's opinion.

Those who want to defend the capability of Superchips' employees to provide a quality product are missing the point--I am not disputing that. I am stating that an employee has alienated the Lightning community by his statement on a public forum, and this post is a reaction to that statement.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Jerry is part of Superchips custom tuning, which is a seperate part of Superchips, Inc.

Jerry is the developer of the SCT software and the best tuner you will find.

Last edited by MISTERgadget; 02-19-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, that Inject Tech chip set the world on fire didn't it. Remember when Mike (BABolt) told us that only Inject Tech chips were worth a crap?

Jerry

Old 02-19-2004, 05:31 PM
It looks like a pretty neat product. I may give it a try.

Old 02-19-2004, 05:41 PM
His opinion means absolutely nothing to me. The only thing I want to say is....

Raoul is killing me.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats it for me.

The Lightning is going in the front yard with a 4 sale sign on it. Iam buying a big block Olds and forgetting about blowers, cuz Jerry said so

Old 02-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Soopercheeps?......we don need no fargin Soopercheeps!

Old 02-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Jerry is SCT as well as Ford Chip. Don, your taking the entire post out of context. Look who he was dealing with, Eatoncharged. Wheither you like Jerry or SCT, if you dont want to have to rely on a Tuner SCT is your only choice other than a Stand alone. Everything he says is true, Tuners are somewhat 1/2 assing around the pegged mass air meters, this is why you have summer/winter tunes and the reason you need reburns.

BTW- This guys software is so good that JDM now uses it.

03Rocks, Its also the same thing that Mike Troyer uses

Last edited by BigFan; 02-19-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Speaking of which, how come I get same/very similar Gm/S readings @ x MAFv. AFTER switching from an 80mm to a 90mm. Shouldn't the voltage be quite a bit lower????? Isn't that why I switched?

Last edited by LightStruck; 02-19-2004 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by BigFan
Jerry is SCT as well as Ford Chip. Don, your taking the entire post out of context. Look who he was dealing with, Eatoncharged. Wheither you like Jerry or SCT, if you dont want to have to rely on a Tuner SCT is your only choice other than a Stand alone. Everything he says is true, Tuners are somewhat 1/2 assing around the pegged mass air meters, this is why you have summer/winter tunes and the reason you need reburns.

Ya lets let this die,

I had no idea Eatoncharged got Jerry all pissed off.

I do love the Superchips custom tuning software, and I plan to use their new 4 bank chip.

When I saw that post this morning I was pissed at what Jerry said, and I just wanted a apology from him for what he said.

I will be a man and apologize for over reacting a little, but Jerry should do the same for his comment.

Old 02-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Wheither you like Jerry or SCT, if you dont want to have to rely on a Tuner SCT is your only choice other than a Stand alone.
Well, the twEECer is similar to the SCT I think. A whole lot less money. Also the Anderson motorsports PMS should be out soon. I don't know anyone running any of those on their Lightnings.

Old 02-19-2004, 09:52 PM

I knew that, but didn't know if the info was up for general knowledge. I guess it is...LOL.

Since the convo is open for discussion, I am real excited about the SCT. Mike and I have discussed it a few times and from what I am hearing...we are about to take some of the SWAG out of tuning. Who knows, it may help reduce some of the failures from A/F numbers "getting loose".

Rocks

Old 02-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
...I will be a man and apologize for over reacting a little, but Jerry should do the same for his comment.
I'd like to take this oppurtunity to apologize to Jerry down in accounting too.
I hope you will drop the charges and restraining order so that I will be allowed back in the building tomorrow.

p.s. That was a nice tie you were wearing and oh yeah, you clot really fast, I was impressed.

(really need job or no christmas for the kids, ya'know, Jerry?) :santa:

Old 02-19-2004, 10:23 PM
When I lose my cool I simple run over cats...

Old 02-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by TheSeeker
He only did b/c it was easy, and the only thing avalable. The truck maxed out the injectors (36's) and maxed out your Maf at 4,700 RPM's, ware the S trim was making 7 lbs of boost and it was making right around 467RWHP... Unintercooled... Thats the reason he had to stop tuning. Maxed out fuel injectors and MAF.

Then he put a ProM 92, 55lb injectors and an intercooler, and then blew his engine from a broken valve spring, and gave up on the project.
Dude, you totally missed the whole point. The same people who he was talking **** about (as a whole) are the same people that bailed his *** out.

Quick Reply: I want everyone to register and reply to this