Lightning

I want everyone to register and reply to this

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by TheSeeker
He only did b/c it was easy, and the only thing avalable. The truck maxed out the injectors (36's) and maxed out your Maf at 4,700 RPM's, ware the S trim was making 7 lbs of boost and it was making right around 467RWHP... Unintercooled... Thats the reason he had to stop tuning. Maxed out fuel injectors and MAF.

Then he put a ProM 92, 55lb injectors and an intercooler, and then blew his engine from a broken valve spring, and gave up on the project.
I think you missed the point! (an evil Lightning owner offered up his MAF just to try to help out.)

Eric

Edit: ooooooooooopppppppps! Guess I should have read on further before posting.

Last edited by owheelies; 02-19-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Come on fella's, what do you want...blood? I have trouble believing that anyone posting on this thread has not, at one time or another, ***** talked in a moment of anger.

I believe I read that Don even said he could understand how Jerry got his panties in a bunch. Eatoncharged has been on that forum, stirring up crap for awhile now. I read his post history as well as Jerry's.

Maybe some that are having trouble with it should do likewise. It ticked me off too, at first glance. But after checking out the whole story...I have to put my stone down.

Eatoncharged had me hating Lightning owners after reading his worthless crap. Then I remembered I was a Lightning owner and I fricking dig the ***** out of me.

Rocks

Old 02-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just laughed when I read it. If he doesn't like the lightning community as a whole, then how will he ever meet some of the charming persons we have here?

Old 02-20-2004, 02:12 AM
The whole friggn' forum is a mouthpiece for SCT. I hope the website is getting a lot of money for losing their objectivity. The members, (not just EatonCharged) who persist in asking why SCT is superior, are pretty much b!tchslapped around by the moderators and other members until they shut up.

SCT has repeatedly--in several posts, in several threads--attacked all other 'tooners' that don't use SCT, and wasted no time in bashing Sal in the original thread that was locked at SCT's request. It's not just a flash of anger, it's a habitual disparaging attitude towards his peers and his customers. It doesn't matter if you have a superior product if you don't sell it to the customer (i.e. Betamax vs VHS.) As soon as a competitor produces a similar product (which they will) people won't put up with SCT's attitude.

There will be those who would even kiss Raoul's smelly (I'm just quoting the bus driver) butt to get a few hp. More power to ya...I'll pass.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by LOCOSVT

SCT has repeatedly--in several posts, in several threads--attacked all other 'tooners' that don't use SCT, and wasted no time in bashing Sal in the original thread that was locked at SCT's request.
Do you happen to have a link to that thread?

Old 02-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Talking

Good God Raoul...STOP IT!!! My stomach hurts so bad from laughing, I CAN'T BREATH!!!

Jake...

Old 02-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Old 02-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
They have been answering my questions.
It's kind of comical, and at the same time sad, that these SCT people are constantly slamming anyone who isn't using the SCT software. They act like nobody else in the tuning world knows anything besides them, and that the rest of the world is doing everything wrong. A perfect example is the MAF issue with load not being correct because "tooners" don't input the proper MAF x-fer for the meter being used. I've been doing that for years, since day 1 of me tuning, way before there ever was SCT. And I've told many people the same exact thing, but I guess because I'm not an "SCT person", that I must be wrong, even though I'm doing the same thing. The comical part of this is that one of the three SCT creators, Chris Johnson, used the same Autologic tuning software that I use/used for many years, did tuning the same way I did, but now any tuner that doesn't appear on the SCT dealer list doesn't know what they are doing.

Old 02-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Raoul
I'd like to take this oppurtunity to apologize to Jerry down in accounting too.
I hope you will drop the charges and restraining order so that I will be allowed back in the building tomorrow.

p.s. That was a nice tie you were wearing and oh yeah, you clot really fast, I was impressed.

(really need job or no christmas for the kids, ya'know, Jerry?)
How did this thread turn into one of the funniest ever? It's all Raoul's fault...

Old 02-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
It's kind of comical, and at the same time sad, that these SCT people are constantly slamming anyone who isn't using the SCT software. They act like nobody else in the tuning world knows anything besides them, and that the rest of the world is doing everything wrong. A perfect example is the MAF issue with load not being correct because "tooners" don't input the proper MAF x-fer for the meter being used. I've been doing that for years, since day 1 of me tuning, way before there ever was SCT. And I've told many people the same exact thing, but I guess because I'm not an "SCT person", that I must be wrong, even though I'm doing the same thing. The comical part of this is that one of the three SCT creators, Chris Johnson, used the same Autologic tuning software that I use/used for many years, did tuning the same way I did, but now any tuner that doesn't appear on the SCT dealer list doesn't know what they are doing.
And my truck has ran better with the PSP program you set up for me last year than any other chip I have ever had.
Since I was going to do the Novi 2000 thing I thought it may be cheaper and easier to try "tooning" it myself. Besides I like to mess with the truck and learn.

Old 02-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Do you happen to have a link to that thread?
Sal, here's the original thread Don mentioned in his first post. SCT also takes a cheap shot at Dale's problem with a head gasket, and blames it on the tune.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showt...threadid=18855

Old 02-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by LOCOSVT
Sal, here's the original thread Don mentioned in his first post. SCT also takes a cheap shot at Dale's problem with a head gasket, and blames it on the tune.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showt...threadid=18855
What an assclown, plain and simple. To make comments like that without knowing anything behind what's he's talking about, is just plain ignorance, arrogance, and unprofessionalism. I tune what's put in front of me. If the customer wants to use his stock MAF, I'll tune it like that. If the customer want to do MAF "tricks", I'll tune it like that. If the customer wants to use an aftermarket MAF, I'll tune it like that as well. I know how to do it ANY way, and that's what's important. You can suggest the right way to do it all you want to the customer, but you can't force them to do it that way. It's funny how the rest of the tuning world got by using all these different methods all these years, but now all of a sudden it doesn't work because Jerry said so . Jerry is a smart guy, and extremely knowledgeable, but lemme tell you, he is no tuning "god". I've been hired to retune many "Jerry's Tunes" over the years from unhappy customers.

It's really ashame that a company is trying to promote what looks like a good product, and ruining it all by trash talking all their competition instead of saying why their stuff is better.

Old 02-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
good gawd

Well X person posted that Y person doesn't like Z person because of something V person posted on W message board about R person using some magic code to tweak Q person's PCM.

Bull***** like this takes the fun out of hobbies in short order.

Bob

Last edited by Speedin Bob; 02-20-2004 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Interesting that he has characterized ALL lightning owners after a few known troublemakers.

The funny thing is the attributes he hates about Lightning owners are found in EVERY Owner. Mustang, focus whatever...
VERY mature point of view

This is the same group that has ignored 3 or 4 emails asking for information about buying the product they are selling AND has ignored an email offering to help fix the PCMs for the folks who bought the flashers early on and a firmware issue scrambled thier PATS....

I have fixed 2 local SCT flasher users PCMs with my NGS so they could use PATS security again. I offered to help any other customer who was local and they igonored that email as well. But that would be admitting that they screwed up - I doubt based on what I read here and in the links that they would ever admit screweing up anyones PATS so I guess I was wasting my time...

Doug

Last edited by Silver_2000; 03-19-2004 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Wow what an asshat.

Quick Reply: I want everyone to register and reply to this