Lightning

next mod traction bars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004 | 06:22 PM
|
next mod traction bars?

I ran my friends 98 LS1 with headers/exhaust/DR's and a few other mods and out of 5 times I only beat him twice. I dynoed at 400/495 a few weeks ago and really felt I should of had him by a lot more than that (each time was from a dead stop). I have DR's also and warmed them up before we went at it, but each time I still couldn't really get a good launch without fishtail. I would leave long stretches of black tire marks. So are traction bars the answer to putting more power to the ground? JLP is running a sweet deal on them right now.

Old 02-21-2004 | 06:31 PM
Re: next mod traction bars?

Originally posted by ub2slo
I ran my friends 98 LS1 with headers/exhaust/DR's and a few other mods and out of 5 times I only beat him twice. I dynoed at 400/495 a few weeks ago and really felt I should of had him by a lot more than that (each time was from a dead stop). I have DR's also and warmed them up before we went at it, but each time I still couldn't really get a good launch without fishtail. I would leave long stretches of black tire marks. So are traction bars the answer to putting more power to the ground? JLP is running a sweet deal on them right now.
They really won't help you with traction surprisingly enough. They do more to eliminate axle wrap (ie driveshaft breakage). You won't see any noticable "traction" on the street...

Old 02-21-2004 | 06:39 PM
ease off the gas.

Quick Reply: next mod traction bars?