Lightning

MUST SEE VIDEO: '03 Lightning vs Lingenfelter H2

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would a kid take it to the FORD place for warranty because he cant afford it, then get voided , then go buy a built motor, tranny, stall, and kenney bell? It doesnt make much sense to me but i hope he feels like a real man calling someone out and then not having the ballz to drive the truck in the race himself. He gets a #1 on the all bark no bite in book. Get em SUPERFORDS

Old 03-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by superfords
nope
Can you hear me now?

--Steele

Old 03-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by skennett
Can you hear me now?

--Steele
Give me a call Steele and I'll come over and show you how to send E-mail......

Old 03-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by RED 92
Give me a call Steele and I'll come over and show you how to send E-mail......
Cool. While you are here you can be a silhouette for my new toy:

--Steele

Old 03-03-2004, 05:23 PM

I like that little "im #1"

Old 03-20-2004, 12:07 AM
That's my H2! This video is getting round.

That run was my first time down the track in about 10 years. And to top things off it was my first ever run at Richmond. I used to run at Suffolk all the time with a Buick GN. 11's on street tires, thank you.

Anyway, the video. Heck, I thought I finished when all of a sudden.... this guy came flying by . In reality, my truck ran like crap. The best we could get was 15.5 spinning all four tires. I was so bent out of shape that I called LPE the following Monday and told them about the problem and disappointment. To their credit they agreed and picked the truck up and took it back to IN.

After a few weeks I got it back. Wow. Now it is quik. Not Lightning quick, but quick none-the-less.

Rear wheel numbers:
Max. Power: 358.5 @ 5200rpm
Max. Torque: 405.2
QTR Mi: 14.76 (uncorrected)
1/4 mi spd: 88.89 (uncorrected)
0-30: 2.13
0-40: 3.17
0-50: 4.64
0-60: 6.46
There was an odd spike of power @ 90mph to 444.1 hp. The truck spins all four tires violently before hooking up. The test was run to 136 mph. I do not think it is necessary to debate whether or not this truck would actually reach that speed. I seriously doubt it. Afterall, the H2 has the aerodynamics of a barn and the weight of an elephant.

I have no illusions about beating that truck. Obviously the driver had some issues. Of course a Lightning should smoke me on the strip. I really like those trucks.

I plan on going to Dinwiddie in the next few weeks and maybe to Richmond a few after that. Come up and say hi.

BTW, the truck will have a little different look this year. No side steps, but I added a Gobi roof rack and ladder.

You have to admit a mid 14 H2 with safari rack is hiarious .

Old 03-20-2004, 12:20 AM
I wasn't able to get audio with the video, but it looks like the kid in the Lightning is going no more than 20 - 30 MPH.

What...has he got the parking brake on?

Old 03-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Even here in South Florida that stuff happens all the time at the track. Why do Lightning owners seem to do that now and then?? They know that the truck would never hook outta da hole but they floor it anyway and stay in it even though they are goin nowhere!!!!!?????

Old 03-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by blackh2
That's my H2! This video is getting round...
You have to admit a mid 14 H2 with safari rack is hiarious .
Nice truck blackh2. Pretty impressive numbers for a beast of that size and weight. Sounds like you're enjoying it, and you have a great attitude to boot. Good luck in the future.

Old 03-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Beast, you are right. I am having a blast with my own "beast".

Looks I get when someone can't shake me off their bumper is priceless.

But I am not so arrogant as to believe I can smoke anything I go up against. That would be stupid.

I think I will go find a Chevy truck or two to go beat up on!

Old 03-20-2004, 04:48 PM
It would seem to me that if your calling someone out for a bragging rights race .........YOU should have the moxie to drive on your own! If you cant drive your own truck you should consider selling it for a toyota tercel you clown. Don't start a fire if you can,t stand the heat.........are you a coward or what?
Why race if it's not you driving, what do you get out of it. Certainly not bragging rights...................

Krueger

Old 03-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Has anyone stopped to think, that if this kid is that stupid on the track, what about on the street? I mean, built block, KB, lead foot, lead head, sounds like a recipe for a long hospital stay or God forbid worse. Maybe the guy building his motor will take some time to spend some time in the cab with this bozo, and teach him a little about launching, and common sense.

Old 03-20-2004, 08:11 PM
What an embrassment to Ford Lighning owners that "kid" is. . . .

Old 03-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Chris, I'll be at Richmond Friday. Hope to see you there. If you are I hope you and your buddies run FAST.

Old 03-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by blackh2
Chris, I'll be at Richmond Friday. Hope to see you there. If you are I hope you and your buddies run FAST.
we were actually thinking of going to VMP this friday night. but I'll see what everybody wants to do. the track staff at VMP are always jerks and richmond is closer anyway.

the black truck that you beat is now up and running with it's new engine (it blew the last one up, imagine that), and KB supercharger. but I doubt they'll be running it until they get it on the dyno to check the tune.

who know's maybe I will see you at richmond.

also may be going to MIR on sunday.

later,
chris

Quick Reply: MUST SEE VIDEO: '03 Lightning vs Lingenfelter H2