Lightning

Track Tested The Apten Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tommy

No my mph pretty much stayed the same, but this is on the street side compared to the race side mph. Which is really, no comparision or help

I really wanted to run the race side, but I had a 1/2 tank of 93 and didn't want to push my luck. Besides, it was the first time out this season and I had a great time with my friends. There's always next weekend....hehe

I understand your around the Atco area? I checked out your line lock on Pauls truck and all I can say is.....I want one!

Old 03-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are comparing your street side to your race side then you will see some MPH change going to the race side.

Yes I am about 15min from Atco.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah, we definitely had a good time yesterday, and the weather was perfect...Only problem was...There were too many cars due to Saturdays events being rained out....Plus side of that was, by the end of the day, the track was hooking well, and I got my best 60' time on F1's.... 1.844.....With no traction bars....Then of course YYsenhimer, Gator, DanSS, and myself kicked back a few cold ones in the bar.....

Oh yeah....This is to Rob02....Gator informed me of the little grudge match you guys have going.....All I can say is he was

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKING....yesterday...

And let me know what you want to do about the ET Streets....

Old 03-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey Gator I know your prob drunk by this time,
BUT LETS GET OUR FACTS STRAIGHT -->12.05<--
This is what happen last time we met up (I'm 66, Gator is 61)

And I was running 4LBS of pulley and 65 HP Jets,
WITH MY SEATS IN
WITH MY SPARE IN
WITH a good 100LBS of tools in the cab, + 3 camera's, bla bla bla

After we finished racing for the day and me and you got tuned up
THEN AND ONLY THEN did I put the upper on and the Capt pulled
my Spare (Still had full interior and tools in there)
I told you I was too buzzed to race, but you insisted on another round. I finally said ok and we ended up NOT lined up together this time. I then did a (2 second) quite embarrassing 2000 RPM burnout. Then I starting imagining things at launch and I shut it down, then I got back into it again, and thought I heard something blow, I swore when I looked down at the boost guage it was at ZERO, then I got off it AGAIN sometime after the 1/8 and with foot off the pedal coasted the rest of the track.

That was gonna be my 1st 11 sec pass, but you made me get stoned and I couldn't stay focused, GEE THANKS PAL
Still ran ok considering (look at the MPH + #'s, you can see I shut it down shortly after the 1/8)

and then Yes at Eng Town I de-weighted and tried 75HP and 6lbs. AGAIN I had major hopping issues. Anyone can right click my Vid in my sig and see it. What they can't see is my truck swaying from one side of the track to the other, which it did the entire way down the 1320. Thats what some of the comments are about

But I still managed this

And since then I have added
58" JDM Rancho Bars, FTVB, + the WASP

Now you pissed me off and I am gonna run 75 HP Jets and 6lbs of pulley and go for my best ET when me and you line up

BE AFRAID
BE VERY AFRAID

Old 03-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey Gator,

Whats your race weight? Your running 113-114 mph your truck must be pretty light or your making a ton more power than everyone else.

Old 03-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine weighs 4862 with me in it according to E-town scales

Yeah Rob, your right, with the hopping and swerving down the track that should have been a 10.99 run

Btw......no drinking, me and Jeni are going out to eat tonight then coming back here later. What you doing tonight......hehe

Last edited by Fast Gator; 03-08-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
Now you pissed me off and I am gonna run 75 HP Jets and 6lbs of pulley and go for my best ET when me and you line up
Like I always say,

Its better to be pissed OFF than Pissed ON

Old 03-08-2004, 07:50 PM
I'll be here until 8 when Fear Factor comes on.

Old 03-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Maybe I should explain a little something so some people that
weren't around 2 years ago understand how my Mod's AND ET'S went.

Got truck 2 yrs ago yesterday, ordered a 2lb upper immediatly,
a JDM Filter, JDM Boost By-Pass, and JDM Breather, + TR-6's,
Put it in and loved the increase but it wasn't enough, by the time the truck was maybe 6 weeks old it had a Filter Chip 4lb lower, 2lb upper, By Pass, + Breather.
(mail order chip from Motor Haven) I the entire summer at the track week after week and what seems like 50 passes and at least 3 or 4 diff tunes. I couldn't do better than a 13.3. The 6lbs was def over spinning the Eaton and killing me in the summer heat with no cooling mods, or cool downs.

I then found James Parker + USA Hooters "RWTD" and sent them my chip, immeditaly I went to 13.1 (they added timing) I was now @ 13 degrees
About this time the truck had @ 3500 miles and it developed a very bad hi end dead spot, there are TONS of post with me bitching about it, falling on it's face, running out of gas, shutting off and on, etc. I continued to push it and got nowhere. I had RWTD try a few more tunes. Then @ 5500 miles I melted 3 plugs at the track (I did dust a Z06 off the line before doing it though) hehehehe.

turned out to be my Oh so famous clogged fuel filter on a brand new truck. Could have easily cost me a motor that day.
THAT IS WHEN I SAW THE LIGHT and realized heat was killing me, hot air was killing me, 6lbs of over spinning the Eaton was killing me, etc.... I also desided that day I needed safety built into my set up. I was convinced after seeing my plugs I had destroyed something, bent a valve, chipped a piston, something,
and if I didn't, I didn't want it to happen again.

I then switched to Denso IT-22's, changed the fuel filter, TOOK OFF my upper pulley, went back to the track and ran this.

MY FIRST 12, I was sooooooooooo happy and I ended the season like that.

Over that winter, guys like Vinnie, Gator, Capt, Don, Bill, John, Jim, Tim, Chuck, and soooooooooo many others taught me everything.
This is when I went mod happy and bought the throttle body, PSP Truck Track, Loop, 28x10 Hoosiers, Plasma Booster, JLP Cool Air Induction etc.... I also bought a new chip from RWTD
and told him I wanted that sucker pig pig rich tuned for @7-8 lbs of extra Pulley (I was still only racing with 4, but it was part of my new safety set up) There is no doubt I gave up a few tenth's but it was worth it. The Plasma Booster was gonna give me good idles, quick response and a little more safety for the already decided on and installed Nitrous. The Denso's were gonna be another part of my safety cause they were colder and better than TR-6s. I went multi program with 15 degrees on one tune, and 17 on the other.

When I installed the juice over the winter, RWTD refused to tune for me, and I switched to Johnny. (BEST MOVE I EVER MADE, JLP IS AN AWESOME TUNER)
When I showed up at Cecil it was on a new program never tested, I had absolutely no idea what it was gonna run, I was suppose to meet Johnny there for final tuning and at the last minute he couldn't make it. I WAS NOT EVEN THINKING 11's, and WAM I blew out (2) 12.0's.
Needless to say, I was happy as a pig in Schitt.

I immediatly went back to my home town track and did LOTS of test and tuning for the months ahead, I tried diff chips, diff programs, diff set ups, a few trys with 6lbs and found out each and every run I made was faster with 4lbs than 6, OFF OR ON THE JUICE. I started running consistant and was running 12.7 /12.8 on pump gas, and 12.3's - 12.5's on the few juice runs I tried. Unfortunatly up to this point and at Cecil, it turned out my Nitrous Program needed more timing (ok I'll shut up) so those runs gas and Nitrous were all made on my old 16 degree street program. (I still didn't have a dedicated Nitrous Program).

I then had johnny move me to where I am now, 18 degrees for gasoline, and 16 degrees for nitrous. I have still NEVER made a gasoline run for best ET with this 18 degree program,
and my current Mods (need to do that, expecting 12.5 - 12.6).
I did however test the Nitrous Programn at JDM day @ English Town with the thought of my best ET ever. The Capt, Gator, Vinnie, JLO and sooooo many others helped me de-weight, made me park it for hours, gave me great advise, and then I ripped that 11.81 @ 113.9 which surprised the schitt out of everyone, ESPECIALLY ME. I parked it and didn't even attempt another pass after that hopping swaying death ride. And remember, I'm the guy with 100% stock exhuast, suspension, and cooling system. No fans, no switches, no cat backs, no tranny mods, zilch, notta.

The 13's proved to be a royal pain in the *** to get through,
the 12's were a breeze, straight from 12.8 to 12.0, then to 11.8.
AND THATS WHERE I AM TODAY

Lots of test and tuning last season, a few tweaks here and there, and like I say, 3 new goodies to help me this season.
Thats the truth, the whole truth, and nothign but the truth.

SO ONE MIGHT SAY ROB NEVER TRIED TO RUN AN 11
BUT HE SURE IS NEXT TIME

Old 03-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Gator's Truck

Maybe Bruce would agree, but I think comparing his mods and his truck to others with the same setup, Gator seems to be a bit faster and dynoing more numbers. The 60' times seem to be i big factor as far as the track goes.

Old 03-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
me and Jeni are going out to eat tonight then coming back here later. What you doing tonight......hehe
Let me check my FOLDER
2.88 Gig's ='s 669 Lesbo Vids
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Who knows tonight might be Mary, Jane, Cindy, Debbie,
Veronica, Kathy, or any of the other six hundred and sixty SOMEONES

But one thing is for sure, I ANSWER TO NONE OF THEM

(gee I hope my nosey GF doesn't read these post)
Michelle would kill me if she heard me talking like this,

Let the records show, Gator has been running a hell of a lot faster than me for a hell of a lot longer. His truck is truly a beast,
I love the looks and power of it, he has every Mod I could ever want, I consider him a good friend, and a great guy.

THATS WHY WHOOPING HIS *** IS GONNA FEEL SOO GOOD

Old 03-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by swiseuf
Fast Gator-

2 words for you bud: GO GATORS!

GO FLORIDA STATE!!!!

But I must say, I am a rex grossman fan and I think he will be a real good quarterback in the NFL..... and since he plays for the bears I can see him anytime!!!!

Old 03-08-2004, 11:01 PM
You know what I love about reading you two bicker back and forth about who's the fastest and who's gonna get their @$$ handed to them next...is the trucks. I mean you take two totally different trucks and put them head to head and they run damn near side by side (dispite what either of you says). Gator has just about the best of all the mods you can think of for his truck, while Rob has chosen to spend half his money on and the other half on nitrous (accompanied by a few bolt ons of course). But either way this definately gives the people in the community a good perspective of what you can do to your truck to make it fast...either day in and day out, or at the push of a button

Thumbs up to both of you guys cause you both kickass in my book

Quick Reply: Track Tested The Apten Today