Lightning

Richmond, VA - Stock 2000L 1/4 mile times #2

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004 | 09:32 PM
|
Richmond, VA - Stock 2000L 1/4 mile times #2

You guys may remember my thread from my last trip two weeks ago: Previous thread

Got no new personal bests, but had a bunch of fun. Made two passes as they were so many cars out there:

Run #1:
60' 2.182
1/8 8.924 @ 81.08
1/4 13.790 @ 100.69

Run #2:
60' 2.173
1/8 8.910 @ 81.40
1/4 13.744 @ 101.29

This will probably be the last time I'll hit the strip with the L before getting my new Evo in 3 weeks. It was great being part of the Lightning clan, but I must say adieu. Thanks for all the great advice over the last 1.5 years!

Old 03-13-2004 | 09:35 PM
|
Stupid double post.

Last edited by chiketkd; 03-14-2004 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2004 | 09:59 PM
nice times

If i was you i would keep the L and the evo

Good luck with your new ride

Johnathan

Old 03-13-2004 | 11:08 PM
|
Thanks man. Those Evos and STI's just light my fire. The L will always be my favorite truck and ownership has been a real dream.

While I was at the track today, a stock white Evo ran a 13.27 @ 102. You just can't beat one in terms of bang-for-buck! Even my wife is sold on me getting one!

Old 03-13-2004 | 11:21 PM
Sorry to see you giving up the L, but keep in mind that your evo will need a clutch in about 5k miles of hard driving (they are notorious for giving out at a young age and the dealer wont warranty them), and it will cost about 1500 to get that replaced with an upgraded unit.

Its one hell of a car dont get me wrong, but its still a mitsu and there will be no resale whatsoever.

check out www.turboxs.com , thats a shop near my tuner that sells all sorts of neat stuff for them and they have a local guru that installs all their parts.

JDM= Japanese Domestic Market LOL

AY

Old 03-14-2004 | 12:20 AM
Although you will miss your truck a great deal, it is much easier to make the transition when moving to an Evo. My wife and I just had a baby 4 weeks ago, and we unfortunately had to sell the truck to make room for a car seat. I have always wanted an Evo, and I luckily found one locally with only 5k miles for a great price. I still miss the Lightning, but I haven't found anything that handles the way the Evolution does. It drives like a go kart, and it is faster than my L was then that was stock. I have a number of modifications planned, and I should be in the mid 12's in no time for very little $$.

With regards to the comments about the clutch, you can do some preventive maintenance that will keep you from burning it up. The clutches are actually very nice, but there is a restrictor in the clutch line that prevents you from performing high rpm dumps on the transmission. It keeps Mitsubishi from having to pay for obliterated transfer cases, since the clutch will slip before anything else breaks. By removing the restrictor and running a new line you can avoid this possible weak point. Besides, you would be hard pressed to find any all wheel drive car that actually comes with a clutch that will hold up to heavy abuse from the factory.

If 1/4 mile racing is your only passion, then both the Evo and Sti may not be the best choice. If you want a car that will excel in all aspects of racing, then an Evo will be perfect. Enjoy the new car.

Old 03-14-2004 | 02:04 PM
|
Thanks for all of your support guys. I wish I could keep the L and the evo, but the wife and I are buying a house this year and I need to take crap off my credit.

Thanks for your comments Audio18, I actually need to sell my truck for the same reason - had a baby a few months ago and need a backseat. No other four doors light my fire like the Evo and Sti, and when handling is thrown into the mix - the Evo stands alone!

Quick Reply: Richmond, VA - Stock 2000L 1/4 mile times #2