Lightning

Help Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004 | 10:04 PM
|
Help Problems

Hello
I have a quick question. When your cats went badly what did the truck run like? I think my cats my be going bad or something. I just can not figure out what is wrong.

The problem comes and goes almost randomly. Hot Cold does not matter. Driving time does not matter.

Ok sometimes when I am driving I will go to step on the gas and the truck will just bog down. It acts like it is working really hard but I am just barely moving like when you let off the break when with out giving the truck any gas. I can floor it and the truck will just keep acting like it is bogged down or something and I will not go. To make it stranger my autometer boost gauge shows 8-9 positive boost. Yet there is not supercharger wine at all. I have to let off the gas for a sec or two and then the truck will go like normal. And some days the truck will just act perfect all day no problems

Now the Exhaust has been sounding really strange sometimes and mostly when it is doing this problem. Also recently my Gauges have been doing a full sweep at least once or twice a day when I start the truck???

Only mods currently on the truck are a K&N filter, 2lb lower pulley and a borla exhaust. I have replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter

I am not sure with lightnings but I know other cars that use ceramic cats. The ceramic cat material can break and cause major backpressure and no allow the engine to run correctly.

I have an appointment for service on Thursday would like to be prepared.

They said that the K&N filter killed my MAF. Would a MAF problem cause this problem.

Any ideas.
Thanks
Jace

Old 03-15-2004 | 09:11 PM
|
Can anyone help????

Quick Reply: Help Problems