Lightning

Superchips JDM File Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004 | 10:34 PM
|
Question Superchips JDM File Code

Can the File Code be used to tell what a chip is burned for? I just picked up a Superchip for my '02 L from a guy in Dallas (I am in San Antonio). The mods that he had the chip set up for are very close to what I want to run and the environmental condidtions are pretty similar between Dallas and SA. I have the file code of 39CAE2F and the chip was burned for an ABU2 ECM. I'd like to find out what the chip is set-up to modify (fuel, timing, trans line pressure, etc.) without having to reburn it. No sense reburning to put the exact same code in.

Anyone have any guideance on this one? Justin...

Thanks,
Herb

Old 03-16-2004 | 02:38 AM
Thumbs up

Herb101, call JDM and talk to Jim or Justin. They will be able to tell you if that chip is good for your mods without a re-burn. I think the 39 is a safe street tune. 732 780 0770

Old 03-16-2004 | 02:47 AM
I have an 02 with the exact code. My L had the chip on it when I got it but I wanted to know what it was burned for. I called and they said that it is a pretty basic file and usually is for a 4lb or 6lb lower and minor exhaust and intake mods, I think that it can also change the shift points. 1. side is 14 of timing and 2 side is 17. Hope this helps.

Old 03-16-2004 | 09:38 AM
That is the same hip code that is on my JDM flip chip. I run/ tuned for a 4lb lower and some other basic mods. It is a very safe street tune and has been in my truck for over a year now with no detonation.

Old 03-17-2004 | 11:58 PM
|
Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies guys!!

I'll call JDM for the final answer, but this info has helped ease my concern. I've got a small pile of mods starting to collect and I found a deal on a chip that seemed to fit perfect, so I bought first and verified after the fact...

Herb

Old 03-18-2004 | 12:22 AM
glad to help...so where is Live Oak at, I'm in Abilene TX. Just wanted to say sup to a TX L owner

Old 03-18-2004 | 12:27 AM
|
Hola from Live Oak

Live Oak is actually a little municipality (subburb) of San Antonio. We are north-east of SA right off of IH35.

It's cool to see so many L addicts in Texas!!

Herb

Old 03-18-2004 | 12:31 AM
Actually, the code is usually "generic" meaning they start with a base file XXXX-XXX-XXX and then tweak it for your mods. Each individual tweaked one does not get a new code. Therefore, the code you see could be the standard or a tweaked one if you bought it used.

Old 03-18-2004 | 01:18 AM
oh yeah, there are a lot of us and thanks for pointing that ouf fractaldragon, I wasn't aware of that. So my chip could have some different tunning on it then his even though we have the same code?

Old 03-18-2004 | 01:26 AM
|
Is there any way to capture the file from the chip to analyze the changes made?

I ran an EECtuner from Shiftmaster on my old Cobra (ECC-IV) and it basically acted as an overlay of some binary memory registers in the ECM. You started with a bin file of your ecm, then made changes to each table as appropriate. You couldn't change on the fly, but you could load new mods in (from a laptop) as often as you wanted and the mod file would load when you cycled the ignition key. It was a bit hairy, but very tunable. I still have the tuner and I'd LOVE to be able to use it on the L, but I can't find any support for it.

So, failing that, I'd like to find a way to 'read' the file from a chip to see what's been done.

Herb

Old 03-18-2004 | 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ND4SPD
oh yeah, there are a lot of us and thanks for pointing that ouf fractaldragon, I wasn't aware of that. So my chip could have some different tunning on it then his even though we have the same code?
The only reason I know this is from asking Justin several times about it. I have sent the thing in for a reburn and have gotten the same code back before. I was like WTF? Then I found out what I described above...

Quick Reply: Superchips JDM File Code