Lightning

Installed some stuff tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004 | 01:08 AM
|
Installed some stuff tonight...

In preperation for some lower pulley action I installed my favorite boost gauge. It took me a few weeks to track on of these down but here it is. I installed it tonight working slowly in about two hours or so.

I have to clean up the wiring a little bit tommorro but its ready to go awaiting my 6lb lowerand some other goodies.

Bob

Old 03-16-2004 | 01:20 AM
looks good, I'm about to hook my up. I hope it matches ok, it was on the L when I got it just have't got around to hooking it up. Hey when you hooked it, you just used a T fiting and spliced the new vac line to the fitting right. I'm confused if the stock guage is still hooked up. And did you just pop out the head light switch to tap into your head light switch.

Old 03-16-2004 | 01:24 AM
Still Another Alter-Ego of bluelightning
Theres something wrong with your truck.
The Fuel guage is full .How did you do that J/K have a good day guys.

Old 03-16-2004 | 01:30 AM
|
Under the dash where the factory boost line comes youll see a plastic conjunction there, remove it and go get a T the same size that way it still uses the factory boost gauge and your aftermarket one.

My gauges have a control unit that require's four connections. I picked a illumination at the headlight dimmer switch. I then used two fuse taps to get constant 12V and key on 12v at the lower fuse box. Its all grounded to a bolt below the fuse box.

Whats cool about defis its all now plug and play for the rest of the gauges that I will add, just plug the appropraite senders into the control unit and the daisy chain off the boost gauge.

The gauges are VERY expensive but they are worth it to me. I enjoy them quite a bit and the pictures hardley do them any justice.

Bob

Old 03-16-2004 | 02:01 AM
Thanks for the post Bob, got another question for ya, I also have a volt guage, I don't think I'm going to keep it I may change it with something different but in the mean time I would like to hook it up. How do I hook that one up. Thanks

Old 03-16-2004 | 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ND4SPD
Thanks for the post Bob, got another question for ya, I also have a volt guage, I don't think I'm going to keep it I may change it with something different but in the mean time I would like to hook it up. How do I hook that one up. Thanks
I have heard to tap it into the cig lighter for the volt meter

Remember under the dash theres a vac line so all you need for the boost gauge is a T fitting...no cutting required.

Old 03-16-2004 | 02:10 PM
thanks LatemodelRacer2, so if I splice into the cig lighter it would just be a power and ground, seems easy enough, now how do I splice into the cig lighter? Thanks for the help...

Quick Reply: Installed some stuff tonight...