Lightning

DROVE THE srt 10!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you post it on NLOC? In the area they told you to post that stuff (War Zone, AAG), or the area they said not to post it (Gen1/Gen2)?

Old 03-17-2004, 05:39 PM
sorry guys they deleted my post over there, they need to calm down a little on nloc

here it is-

my buddy bought a red srt 10 and brought it over the other day. we took it out for about 2 hours straight and messed around.

first its really nice looking except the wing, the inside is soooooo cumfy, its huge inside and a nice center console.
the stereo is awsome. now to the important stuff......

i drove it for about 30 min... the stick is easy to drive 3rd can be a little tricky when racing but not too bad. our trucks def. handle better though. when u give the srt gas its a gradual climb to high speeds not the feeling of a neck jerk in a L. its fast though fellas, im guessing the 13.5's easy. it pulls hard once it gets goig too.

the sound is awsome not too loud not too soft, and it sound like a viper when floored. my over all take on it was a good one. he paid 45k for it and i thionk its really worth it. i love my L but i would def. pick the srt stock over a stock L. hes going to be taking it to carslbad pretty soon he just wants to put about 1k miles on it.

now for us racing, i kill him.....i have a built block with many mods though, i think its faster than a stock L, not by much but u can tell this thing has some power. put some smaller tires on the back with some slicks high 12 easy. oh and the truck hooks up like a stock L easy once u get the hang of it. hope that answers all of ur questions hes coming over right now to take of the dodge decals and drive it around a bit.

Marshall

Old 03-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Sup Marshall
Why don't you have your buddy bring the truck out for the JBA event on the 28th. At Cbad
I'll have the camera ready for some headsup footage?
If not let me know when you guys come down I wanna run, I mean see it run.
-Frank-

Old 03-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Frank whats going on, im trying to talk him into it but with the 22's it totally slows it down a lot, hes trying to find some 17's to put some nittos on..... but im sure hell come anyway

btw after i get my kenne bell hooked up ive finally wised up and im going to swanson

Old 03-17-2004, 08:42 PM
oh ya, we raced a 03 cobra today till about 60 and got beat by about 2 car lengths, but spun the tires pretty hard and the cobra had nittos and hook pretty well, if we would have hooked it would have been maybe a 1 1/2 a car length closer

Old 03-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Here's another opinion. I took one out back in January. I wasn't impressed.

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showt...ghlight=srt-10

Tom

Old 03-17-2004, 10:33 PM
that is the most biast view i have ever seen, people i love my truck and i love L's but let me tell you, drive one of these trucks and u will certainly not be dissapointed. the only thing that was even close to being right was the gears they can be tricky but over all the truck sounds, moves, and comforts very well

im just giving a honest answer

dont worry i dont talk this good about it to my buddy

ps i can stare at his engine for hours. lots of room to work on it too, can easily put on knew headers

us L people need to stop with the shiot talking on the srt and f**king grow up, im 20 and sometimes i feel like im more mature than 70% of the people in the L comm.

i just talked to my friend and he said he will take it to carlsbad, all i ask is that he is treated with the same respect as anyone else

Old 03-18-2004, 02:38 AM
Talking Well the thing is

that I feel the L is/was the best performance-utility-combo for the money.

So, what I'm saying is, when you only want performance (since the SRT-10 can't tow), you will get some seriously fast hardware for $45-55k.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Tony Montana
that is the most biast view i have ever seen, people i love my truck and i love L's but let me tell you, drive one of these trucks and u will certainly not be dissapointed. the only thing that was even close to being right was the gears they can be tricky but over all the truck sounds, moves, and comforts very well

im just giving a honest answer

dont worry i dont talk this good about it to my buddy

ps i can stare at his engine for hours. lots of room to work on it too, can easily put on knew headers

us L people need to stop with the shiot talking on the srt and f**king grow up, im 20 and sometimes i feel like im more mature than 70% of the people in the L comm.

i just talked to my friend and he said he will take it to carlsbad, all i ask is that he is treated with the same respect as anyone else
Dude.....no shiot talking here. I was not impressed. I have a major problem with you trying to force my opinion. I gave MY honest opinion, and nothing more. I used it as a comparison between the two trucks from MY perspective. If you can't respect other people's opinions then I feel sorry for you.

Tom

Old 03-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Re: Well the thing is

Originally posted by BlackLight
that I feel the L is/was the best performance-utility-combo for the money.

So, what I'm saying is, when you only want performance (since the SRT-10 can't tow), you will get some seriously fast hardware for $45-55k.
All the SRT Rams do come with the 4 prong flat trailer light connecter(tucked up underneath) and a pop out area on the bumbercover, for the reciever hitch to stick out of. Maybe not recomended but they are prepped for it, rumor is they didn't have all towing testing completed by commitment time for this model years production, they also have an auto tranns in works for the near future.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:31 PM
I got beat by one today

Oh I was in my SVT Focus

Old 03-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Saw one today in Little Rock at a collision repair place. My truck was in the shop getting worked on for the last few days and seen the owner drive around while i picked up a rent-a-car. I'm not impressed with the looks. Big wheels and big body = nummy for the L's.

Old 03-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Sounds like you had a good time driving it etc.

I think it would be nice to have some good power and a close ratio manual tranny sometimes.

I know a automatic is state of the art but a stocl is just another element at the track that pits driver skill against driver skill.

It would suck in heavy traffic but for just playing on my Colorado mountain roads it is fun to have a stick.

I think someone makes something that does both and auto with paddle shifter.

Nothing like the old days of a 396 tripower with a rock crusher tranny behind it.

Old 03-18-2004, 11:53 PM
only have two things to say about the dodge p/u.The first is common sence will tell you to buy a brand new lightning for 35,000. and put 5,000 into it.You now have a lightning to out run the dodge and money in your pocket.The second thing is no mater what is under the hood a dodge is still a dodge.Mopar stands for only one thing Mostly old parts and rust....
Sorry dodge lovers they wont hold up..

Old 03-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by fickelo
only have two things to say about the dodge p/u.The first is common sence will tell you to buy a brand new lightning for 35,000. and put 5,000 into it.You now have a lightning to out run the dodge and money in your pocket.The second thing is no mater what is under the hood a dodge is still a dodge.Mopar stands for only one thing Mostly old parts and rust....
Sorry dodge lovers they wont hold up..
your wrong. end of story.

Quick Reply: DROVE THE srt 10!!