Lightning

Wanting to mod more, options.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004 | 01:49 PM
|
Wanting to mod more, options.

I just got a new credit card and Im putting the old one to rest. So, Im thinking of burning the new one by buying somemore mods for the truck. Heres what I have now.

4# lower
FTVB (I got a line mod valve from JDM but decided to not use it after reading peoples options on it)
4x4 Transmission pan
JDM Superchip
Bassani Cat-back
Airaid intake
Boost Bypass

So, what else should I get? I know I need to get spark plugs, what kind should I get? I was also thinking about long tubs and mid pips to finish my exhaust. What else? An e-fan maybe?

Im asking what else do you guys recommend I get to really beef up the performance of my truck without spending to much(1-2 grand at most for now)?

Porting is no good for now, I'll prolly do it in the summer now.

Also, any info on this Superchips tuner thing(like what the Predator is for Diablo)?

Thanks

Old 03-17-2004 | 01:59 PM
SPRAY IT!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2004 | 02:02 PM
Why is porting no good right now?
You don't have to send it off to get ported, just order one and then swap them and send your old s/c back....
That's what I liked about the deal, not having to be down while waiting for a port to be done...
Better money spent that on an E-fan in my opinion...
I'm about to find out about that new SCT chip, getting a dyno tune down next week!

-Jason

Old 03-17-2004 | 02:09 PM
If you are still running the stock plugs you need to get them out ASAP. There are many options on what plug to use. I use the BR7's gapped at .034 and I'm running the same boost as you. On my 99 at the same boost gapped at .036 these plugs would miss at idle. This time on the 03 I gapped them at .034 and my truck have never missed a beat even at idle. Next I would have the super charger ported. I used Apten. I think they are the best but that's just me. I have the e-fan but if I could do it over again I would rather have the $400.00 in my pocket. If you do the fan get one from JDM or Mark at LFP. Do not buy the Flex-a-lite. If anyone wants to hear my story let me know.

Jerry

Old 03-17-2004 | 02:21 PM
|
Originally posted by Missouri03L
Why is porting no good right now?
You don't have to send it off to get ported, just order one and then swap them and send your old s/c back....
That's what I liked about the deal, not having to be down while waiting for a port to be done...
Better money spent that on an E-fan in my opinion...
I'm about to find out about that new SCT chip, getting a dyno tune down next week!

-Jason
Well I must have missed something because I didn't know that. Apten does that right? Well, I guess I'll be doing that after all.

Old 03-17-2004 | 03:08 PM
Spark plugs
Long Tubes
High flow cats
Apten
Traction bars
Slicks

In that order. This is what I would do.

Old 03-17-2004 | 05:02 PM
I just got my SCT tuner package today.

Old 03-17-2004 | 06:20 PM
if you want some spray I have a NX wet kit for sale...

Old 03-18-2004 | 12:47 AM
|
Originally posted by easterisland
I just got my SCT tuner package today.
Info man, give me info.

Originally posted by ND4SPD
if you want some spray I have a NX wet kit for sale...
Thanks, but no NO2.

Old 03-18-2004 | 01:04 AM
AMP
Re: Wanting to mod more, options.

So, what else should I get? I know I need to get spark plugs, what kind should I get?

I have a set of NGK IX55's if interested for $40

Old 03-18-2004 | 01:09 AM
Spray it!!

Old 03-18-2004 | 10:29 AM
|
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
Spray it!!
I said no to that already, but thanks for the excitement.

Lets see, I'll go with porting after all, of course I need spark plugs(thinking about your deal AMP), long tubes, and high flow cats.

Traction bars are a must but does anybody know if they will fit with the Bassani Cat-Back?

I also thought about a heat exchanger since Im running more boost. Then theres the Superchips Tuner. Now if somebody would give me some info on the tuner, that would be great.

Man, my CC is going to get maxed out before to long. Oh well.

Other suggestions?

Old 03-18-2004 | 10:50 AM
T-Bars
E-Fan
C-Pump
H-exchanger

Old 03-18-2004 | 12:27 PM
I would deffinately have Apten port your blower. That company by far is the company I would choose to do bussiness with, from my experiances with them. I would hold off on the LT's, but I would get the Hi-flo cats. I would also get the Efan and the traction bars(JLP, LFP,JDM). The other mods I would suggest might not be high HP mods but I think the more you mod the more HP you would get out of them: Single Blade TB, porting or extrude hone your Upper Intake, spacer inbetween the upper intake and blower and for sure get new plugs (NGK BR7's). Hope this helps.

Old 03-18-2004 | 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Big Man
I said no to that already, but thanks for the excitement.

Lets see, I'll go with porting after all, of course I need spark plugs(thinking about your deal AMP), long tubes, and high flow cats.

Traction bars are a must but does anybody know if they will fit with the Bassani Cat-Back?

I also thought about a heat exchanger since Im running more boost. Then theres the Superchips Tuner. Now if somebody would give me some info on the tuner, that would be great.

Man, my CC is going to get maxed out before to long. Oh well.

Other suggestions?
Denso IT22 for more than 4# over stock

Traction bars: How low is your truck? If its only got the 2 inch drop in the rear, I would recommend the UPPER Metco track link bars. They don't even come close to the exhaust. I love mine and you can adjust your preload.

If you are lower than 2 inches in the rear, I would recommend the LOWER metco track links. One wheel burnouts are a thing of the passed with these. I haven't seen these installed so I don't know if they clear the exhaust.

I have the predator and I'm very pleased, just make sure you get a good tuner that responds.

Last edited by band; 03-18-2004 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Wanting to mod more, options.