Lightning

Any chain stores good at tire mounting/balancing wide rims ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004 | 06:27 AM
|
Question Any chain stores good at tire mounting/balancing wide rims ?

Need to get F1's dismounted and Nitto 555R's mounted. Any chain stores good at doing this, considering wide stock rims ? my local mechanic i use for state inspections will not touch our rims

thanks,
Dave
2001 L

Old 03-18-2004 | 07:58 AM
America's Tire / Discount Tire

Although I'm guessing it depends more on the person doing the work rather than the place... I worked at America's Tire for a little while and when I came across a troublesome wheel/tire combo I'd step aside and let one of the senior techs handle it, I swear that guy could mount/ unmount anything... ok that sounded dirty... Anyway what I'm trying to say is they at least have all the right equipment at their locations to handle large rims.

Old 03-18-2004 | 08:22 AM
I had discout tire mount mine...they are dealers of nitto's, so they should be able to do it...

Old 03-18-2004 | 09:43 AM
Wallyworld mounted my last set.

Old 03-18-2004 | 01:01 PM
I don't think it's so much the chain as it is the individual owner. I mail orderd my 20s in AZ. Bought tires from a local Goodyear, and had them mount and balance. Bought new 20s in Northern Va/DC area. One Goodyear dealer would not touch them, another wanted to charge way too much, over $200 just to mount balance and put on truck. Finally took them to another chain, and dammit I forgot the name, and the did them for $10 a wheel! Anyway, you gotta call around.

Old 03-18-2004 | 01:35 PM
|
Thanks for input. Direct Tire (where i bought nittos) is not anywhere near pennsylvania. i was TRYING to avoid the Ford dealership near me (SVT dealer too), as most tire places i checked with won't touch the stock rims (i am not upping size or anything like that). i also have a NTB (i believe it's owned by Sears), near me, and they sell tons of wheels, but in the past, they have scratched some of my other wheels.

may have to go with Ford., and give a fake name so as to avoid 'he's been racing' warranty issues.

thanks

Dave
2001 L

Old 03-18-2004 | 01:43 PM
18s are nothing to do. You either live in the boonies, or not looking hard enough. Try one of the local rim/tire places. Look for anyone locally selling 20s, they'll know who could mount your stockies.

Old 03-18-2004 | 03:29 PM
America's Tire Center

These guys are awesome...

In some states they are Discount Tire Center

Old 03-19-2004 | 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Daves00L

may have to go with Ford., and give a fake name so as to avoid 'he's been racing' warranty issues.

thanks

Dave
2001 L

They will probably take down your VIN # anyhow....so giving a false name really wont help you any. They seem to track the VIN #ers no matter what they are installing...tires or otherwise.

Quick Reply: Any chain stores good at tire mounting/balancing wide rims ?