Lightning

who do you use..

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004 | 09:49 PM
|
who do you use..

ok i need to know whos traction bars are the best and how much they are.... everyone has differnt types i dont like those ugly *** ones that have a **** load to them kinda like jdm's 58 inch long straight clean bar type..

but which work the best.. and who are you happy with and do you have any pix of them on

Old 03-19-2004 | 03:22 AM
|
everytime i make a post on here no one replies but when a vetran or a known memeber posts it has 20 replies in 5 min.. im a person 2 and i think you can reply with some info since this is a tech board.. it dosnt take 80 people to not reply once..

you all started out in my spot so why not help someone out or are you to good to take the time to reply..

Old 03-19-2004 | 03:27 AM
I have the LFP Torque Arm Bars. They are the same 58" long bars like the others, but these have some pretty buff brackets. Mark will paint them any color you want too!

Old 03-19-2004 | 03:30 AM
Sorry, forgot to include the price and link:

http://www.lightningforceperformance...productID=1022

$359 + 25 shipping.

Old 03-19-2004 | 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Spk2067
everytime i make a post on here no one replies but when a vetran or a known memeber posts it has 20 replies in 5 min.. im a person 2 and i think you can reply with some info since this is a tech board.. it dosnt take 80 people to not reply once..

you all started out in my spot so why not help someone out or are you to good to take the time to reply..
Whoa, take a chill pill dude. Maybe nobody knows? Also, a bit of constructive critisism, your post was barely coherent. I had to read it a couple of times. Maybe if your posts were better layed out and more grammatically correct more people would be apt to respond. Just my $0.02, take it or leave it *shrugs*

Old 03-19-2004 | 05:44 AM
Re: who do you use..

Originally posted by Spk2067
.... everyone has differnt types i dont like those ugly *** ones that have a **** load to them kinda like jdm's 58 inch long straight clean bar type..

Geeeee

maybe if you could rephrase the above question, so I could figure out what your trying to convey, especially the part where you say......that have a **** load to them .

Iam not sure if you like the JDM bars or not, so I don't have a clue on how to respond. Except to say that I run the Johnny Lightning bars and are happy with them and maybe you should hang out with Rob02, he knows how to chill out before posting.
I'll bet money he's chillin right now at 5:30 in the morning

Old 03-19-2004 | 06:40 AM
You bet your sweet A$$ I am, been tuning up since 5ish

Spk2067 I got to agree with Gator, I can't figure out what
**** load means (I automatically think of Schitt Load)

i dont like those ugly *** ones that have a Schitt load to them kinda like jdm's 58 inch long straight clean bar type.. ???

Maybe I can be of some assistance,
The Bottom line is, you need something if you've added any decent amount of power, "or your Drive Shaft/Univ Joint Will Snap"

I first tried these (the cheap way out) Hellwig Traction Control Springs (@ $50.00)

They work great, I have no complaints at all with them,
but as I got faster I wanted something stronger

So I went with the Best Slapper Style Bar made,
The Truck Trak's (PSP)

Old 03-19-2004 | 07:06 AM
I absolutely Love the Truck Tracks, no added noise,
no change in driving comfort or stiffness AT ALL, and
consistant 1.6 60ft's with it on Juice, and 1.6/1.7 60ft off juice.

BUT what happen with me is ?
As I Moded myself faster again, I started to develop a very violent launch hop, bad enough that you sometimes had to get off it. I had no problems with them at the 12.8 level, or 12.7
or even 12.5 ET level. However as I worked my way to 12.3's and 12.2's I started to notice a very weird lifting during launch.
When I ran the (2) 12.0's it got very violent, and on one pass that day, I had to get out of it twice and roll to a 12.2 1/4 at like no MPH due to violent hopping.

The 11.81 pass was outright scary, dangerous, and quite violent feeling inside the cab, (as the rear of the truck hoped itself off the ground at launch) This time I said "Fruck It" and stayed with it the entire run swaying from one side of the track to the other the entire way down the track I parked it and decided no more runs till I stiffened / strengthened the suspension.

There is no doubt if you want the LEAST possible rear wraping and twisting the Rancho Bars are the way to go, (all the big boys use them, all the 10 sec L's use them) and it's an important part of the overall package once you get to a certain ET level.

I went with the JDM 58" Bars,
If you ask me, I think they look great on the truck

I will say this, to anyone who says the don't effect the ride --> BS, THEY DO. I def notice a stiffer ride, and common sence tells you it will be. I also notice you have no give to take up any
power like you do with the Truck Traks. So it seems the slightest touch of the pedal clearly throws the power straight to the pavement / hence roasting the tires. But I need them "there is no doubt" and so will you at a certain power level.(Right Click my Vid in my Sig, you'll see)

Old 03-19-2004 | 07:12 AM
Oh ya,
these are your other choices

Upper Link System

OR
A Lower Link System

OR
Cal Trac's

(I gave serious though to all of these) but I was told you need to adjust them for diff conditions, and they say that can be tricky,
if you don't know what your doing. (I don't know what I'm doing)

Old 03-19-2004 | 08:23 AM
I just had the LFP bars installed just last night. I have loads of pictures of the complete install in my gallery, I'd post a few but I'm on my way out to work. check them out if you like at

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=4836

I'm going to take some more pics of them from behind and the sides and stuff as soon as mother friggen nature cooperates. 1 thing though, the LFP bars have LOTS of extra room between the exhaust and the bars, so you wont have to worry about the infamous clunk or scrape of your exhaust on them like lots of guys have with other bars.

Josh

Old 03-19-2004 | 09:40 AM
I've got the JDM bars. I like them, and I like the way they look. I can't say that they necessarily did anything for my 60' foot times, but I feel safer about the driveshaft/u-joint not snapping when launching on slicks.

only drawback that I have seen is that on some driveway entrances/ extreme humps in the road, the front brackets can drag.

they are pretty beefy, but I still managed to twist one of mine up pretty good. need to replace them w/ new.

BTW, my truck is lowered 1"front/2"rear hotchkis

I don't know what they cost, but they seem to be well made/ heavy duty.

later,
chris

Old 03-19-2004 | 09:48 AM
I have the metco uppers now but they are comming off tonight and being replaced with a 58" bar. If i had it to do over again i would have gotten the 58"ers since they are cheaper and work better.

Old 03-19-2004 | 09:49 AM
Rob02, you seem pretty well informed

on thewe traction devices. I posted in another thread about wheel hop, and fishtailing even at low speeds, especially when turning. thought I might need to upgrade my 00 shocks to 01 Bilsteins,plus get some kind of traction control device. I will not be going to drags or road racing, just want to eliminate or greatly reduce this prob.. What do you specifically suggest? Thanks!

Old 03-19-2004 | 01:28 PM
|
sorry about the babbling post. i was at my friends party and they were yellin at me to get to the track because they want to see what it runs. and i wont run the truck unless we have traction bars.

so i got on here babling away real quick wanting to know.. and didnt even post anything intelegent.

ok what i mean is i dont like the upper or lower link system its prety gaudy looking and takes away from the look i think.

i really like the jdm bars like you have rob and we will aslo need them witht he power were making.. 595 and 779 trq on the gas.. and we have already went out on the street with the truck.. no wheel hop or anything but it spun out of the whole on very sticky 28's i guess a 150 shot will do that to you... but it still helped me beat a friend that i know runs 11.7's at the track.. and we gave him the move..

so traction bars are a must and so is a drveshaft loop for the track. we live in houston and we race at HRP and i know i will get one run in and then get thrown out most likly for no cage..

well sorry about all the childish nonsence and thanks for the usefull info..

also is there anyone one in texas that carrys those bars

Quick Reply: who do you use..