Lightning

Predator test truck blows up.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004 | 05:55 PM
|
Facts:

This truck was used by diablo to develop and "perfect" the tunes that would come standard on the predator. This just helps to illuminate how every here belives a "dyno tune" is always going to be the best, safest option. This was exactly that, tuned at diablo HQ in south fla, and it blew up.

The fact is that the predator, although an innovative tool, comes loaded with a dangerous base tune. This same tune that blew up the truck is factory loaded on every single predator. It wasn't a "testing" tune, this was the finalized version that diablo put to market.

All you need to know is, it had a the predator tune, pulley, and it blew up under WOT.

And Mat,

This isn't a rumor. It's true.

If you want to talk about my car, come to FFW gainesville and we can run, both full weight and in street trim, see what happens.

Old 03-20-2004 | 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
And Mat,

This isn't a rumor. It's true.

If you want to talk about my car, come to FFW gainesville and we can run, both full weight and in street trim, see what happens.

Certainly hope you have a few tricks up your sleeve. Your not the only one with secrets bud. -Mat-

Oh yeah, I am not gonna come all the way down to Florida to smoke your truck, wanna make it a little closer and we can talk.

Last edited by SVT F15O; 03-20-2004 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-20-2004 | 06:11 PM
Re: Predator test truck blows up.

The Red 2002 lightning owned by a friend of mine here in south fla, that Diablosport used for testing to create the "performance tune" and "pulley tune" in the predators blew it's motor.

You have been warned.
do you know any other info about it
was it the pulley tune or did he modify the tune?

with the pulley tune alone i had real bad pinging i moodified it and now its cherry

Old 03-20-2004 | 06:47 PM
Originally posted by SVT F15O
Certainly hope you have a few tricks up your sleeve. Your not the only one with secrets bud. -Mat-

Oh yeah, I am not gonna come all the way down to Florida to smoke your truck, wanna make it a little closer and we can talk.
I say you both meet at FFW Richmond...about half way for each of you, right? Loser pays costs? Ok, I just wanted to polute this already gay thread!

Old 03-20-2004 | 06:58 PM
|
Originally posted by SVT F15O

That's a shame, If I can work something out around school to maybe go to cecil or englishtown or something later this year I will let you know. Maybe not neccesarily for an FFW.

Old 03-20-2004 | 07:03 PM
There is nothing gay about this thread. A truck with a diablo predator blew its engine on one of their standard tunes. That is alarming to me. Also the truck owner is trying to place the blame on Ford when apparently it is the diablo predator tune which blew the engine.

Old 03-20-2004 | 07:08 PM
|
Originally posted by easterisland
There is nothing gay about this thread. A truck with a diablo predator blew its engine on one of their standard tunes. That is alarming to me. Also the truck owner is trying to place the blame on Ford when apparently it is the diablo predator tune which blew the engine.
That's what I think too.

I don't understand what's gay about warning other people that the standard tune in the predator is dangerous.

Old 03-20-2004 | 07:24 PM
Why is everybody so sure it was only the tune that blew it up and not something else? It's not like he pulled out of the parking lot at Diablo and blew it up a mile down the road...This guy may have put 20,000 miles on this motor with this tune.

My truck runs very well with the performance predator tune. No ping or detonation here. I've set it to +3% on the fuel base and -5% on the timing, just to be safe.

Old 03-20-2004 | 07:35 PM
I will just say that if you have a Predator, do not use the preloaded tunes. Find a tuner you trust and have a custom tune made.

Old 03-20-2004 | 07:40 PM
Thumbs up Exactly

Originally posted by tommylightning
I will just say that if you have a Predator, do not use the preloaded tunes. Find a tuner you trust and have a custom tune made.
You hit the nail right on the head Tommy !!!!!

Old 03-20-2004 | 07:44 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
OK, your right...I would just like more info.

Old 03-20-2004 | 07:57 PM
That's a shame, If I can work something out around school to maybe go to cecil or englishtown or something later this year I will let you know. Maybe not neccesarily for an FFW.
Yes it is a shame. Let me know when you are nearby! Just so you know too, it is all in fun bro. Winner buys the other drinks for a night. -Mat-

Old 03-20-2004 | 08:02 PM
|
Old 03-20-2004 | 08:15 PM
Why not just ask em. It says ask a ?????

http://www.diablosport.com/faq/index...gen&rubrik=001

Old 03-20-2004 | 08:59 PM
Originally posted by usahooters
Why not just ask em. It says ask a ?????

http://www.diablosport.com/faq/index...gen&rubrik=001
GOOD POINT!

But I'll bet , they will answer like Ken@KB answered when I asked about the problems with the KB.
[i]What Cha talking about willis?[i/] There's no problems, every KB that comes in for warranty work, I see. And I haven't seen any.
Its a proven horsepower making ******, but don't act like there are no problems when talking to someone whom maybe a customer down the road.
Its a nuff to send me down the Works Blower road

Sorry for my ranttttttt. Iam sure a Diablo tuner can cook up a safe, powerful tune. But an off the shelf tune? Who's kidding whom?

Quick Reply: Predator test truck blows up.