Lightning

Any Bottom End Kits and Cams Kits Special?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004 | 11:10 PM
|
Any Bottom End Kits and Cams Kits Special?

In this week alone I got my Eaton Ported, ordered Long Tubes, P. Spacer, Heat-Exchanger, and Single Blade TB

All this Plus my old mods: 2 pound upper, 4 pound lower, Traction Bars, Diablo Delta Chip, Air Intake Kit, Dual Boral Custom Exhaust with X-Pipe.

Before I blow this thing up I want to make sure that my Lightning will handle a dose of my heavy foot every day.

So who has specials on Bottom End kits? Or where I can get a good deal.

I don't want to open up engine up and not get cams so also who has them on special with everything on the install? I am thinking of Stage II's BTW.

Old 03-26-2004 | 11:19 PM
Banned
Old 03-27-2004 | 06:31 PM
|
TTT

Old 03-27-2004 | 09:36 PM
But what if he doesn't want to wait until November???

No...wait.....the JDM website is up to January 04 specials now........

Old 03-27-2004 | 09:47 PM
Thats pretty cheap...is that all I need? Can I just buy that kit and take it to a local shop and have them build it? How much does it normally cost to install that kit? (Or how much do most shops charge to install it?)

Old 03-27-2004 | 09:54 PM
it's SLIGHTLY more involved than just "installing" that kit. and yes, the kit is reasonably priced, but that prolly less than 1/4 of what you'll end up spending on a motor.

building an engine is not a "bolt on" unless you buy it already built, either way, it's not cheap.

just my .02

later,
chris

Old 03-27-2004 | 10:11 PM
Originally posted by superfords
it's SLIGHTLY more involved than just "installing" that kit. and yes, the kit is reasonably priced, but that prolly less than 1/4 of what you'll end up spending on a motor.

building an engine is not a "bolt on" unless you buy it already built, either way, it's not cheap.

just my .02

later,
chris
aint that the truth!!!!

Old 03-27-2004 | 10:29 PM
Chris love the truck man...so ur sayin around 7k for a motor is normal huh.

(Chris) On a side note, how do ya think ur tranny will hold up to ur new 'found' power?

Old 03-27-2004 | 10:32 PM
it all depends on exactly how "far" you decide to go with it.

I don't even want to think about how much time/money i've got in mine anymore.

about the trans? LOL we'll just have to wait and see if/when it blows up.

hopefully it'll last me a little while (at least through this summer).

my funds and energy are just about depleted.

later,
chris

Old 03-28-2004 | 01:25 AM
|
Well I just installed my ported Eaton, heat exchanger, and sb tb today and took it out for a test drive. The new whine is great but I only did maybe like 5 short WOTs and one rolling WOT from 20mpm to 110mph this thing keeps pulling like a wild beast. Nothing blow up. Just waiting on my long tube headers and spacer to arrive to have it dyno tuned.

I know I was maybe risking of blowing my L today because I don't know if I am running lean or rich but I couldnt help myself.

The reason I want to buy the bottom end kit and cams is that there a performance shop close by that has done bottom ends for L and the L have performanced well. Thier service is reasonably priced but they charge an arm and a leg for parts. They have there own dyno and they can also dyno tune as well.

I just can't keep staring at a 8 pound lower that my buddy gave me. The same one he blow his L with and 2 pound upper. He went all out with a stock bottom to beat my L but before we could race he blow it up.

Quick Reply: Any Bottom End Kits and Cams Kits Special?